2009 - 2014 F-150

They warned me, but I did not listen!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hydro1
It seems Ford was doomed from the get go if ANYTHING happened because "They warned me, but I did not listen". Apparently you're getting crap from some people because of things that went wrong with your truck and it's not a toyota. Im sure these same "people" would blow off these exact problems if you happened to be in a turdra. Excuses like "at least they were so honest in making the repair under warranty", or "pffft, a $300 purge valve, once it's fixed you don't have to worry". I see it way too many times. Anti Ford folks bashing anytime something goes wrong, but when their import needs fixed it gets swept under the rug or make up an amazing excuse.
Hopefully your truck can now go a few years & many 1000 miles before anything happens, but remember it's still a machine and things WILL break. Even in "wonderful, awesome, exceptional" imports.
Exactly. Ford never had a chance in this situation.

On a side note, how about a 2002 F250 XLT Supercrew 6.5' bed with the 5.4L 4WD with 34" BFG A/T K/Os on it with 350,000 miles. Original motor with the only repairs were to replace plugs and COPs a few times. Original transmission, only fluid changes. OEM differentials, fluid changes. The truck is a work truck and it gets treated like one too. The oil doesn't even get changed on that strict of a schedule by any means. Fords are POS right? I can guarantee the frame would of broken by the time you put half of the weight in this truck has seen in a Toyota bed.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by florida64
HaHa that is funny!! And to the other on here that says I should buy one already, a toyota.....Well I dont want to lose my but in buying a new truck. I was just venting here that a 25k truck should not have these kind of problems at 40k!! That's ridiculous, and that there is a pie chart somewhere that proves imports are less likely to cause problems in early ownnership.

Fo someone to say this is acceptable is either an idiot or just has more cash then they know what to do with it.....

I thought this was a place to place concerns about our trucks, but perhaps it's just a place for people to show how much money they are dumping in their trucks for stupid upgrades that know one cares about but themselves.
Well if there's a pie chart on the Internet that proves imports are better .... How can anyone argue with that!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 PM

Fo someone to say this is acceptable is either an idiot or just has more cash then they know what to do with it.....

I thought this was a place to place concerns about our trucks, but perhaps it's just a place for people to show how much money they are dumping in their trucks for stupid upgrades that know one cares about but themselves.
Wow florida64, maybe you should rethink why folks are on this and other forums. Just because you don't appreciate, don't want, or just can't afford modifications or upgrades doesn't mean you should belittle others that do.

We all look at our trucks, and take pride in our trucks, in different ways. This forum is about truck enthusiasts as much as it is about expressing concerns or issues. Funny how you want others to see your viewpoint but quick to put down others that have the means or enthusiasm to do more (you are at least consistent on your singularly myopic view expressed in your other posts).

I am sorry you are having problems. I can appreciate the fact that you like a completely stock truck...really do. You probably have the means to do as much to your truck as anyone else here on the forum, but stop this "holier than thou" attitude and throwing insults at others.

Now go get that Toyota (which will have problems too) and try to enjoy life!

Thanks.

P.S. I actually like the Tacomas but couldn't fit in them very well. Not so keen on the Tundras but not a bad truck either.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 11-29-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by FordsForMe
Well if there's a pie chart on the Internet that proves imports are better .... How can anyone argue with that!!!
I couldn't find the pie chart, but according to J.D.Powers, the Toyota is in the top 5.

J.D. Power and Associates has released its annual Vehicle Dependability Study for 2011, and there are a few surprises in store for those who religiously keep track of who outperforms who on the automotive reliability front. For the first time ever, Lincoln, with 101 problems per 100 vehicles, leads the chart, followed by Lexus with a score of 109.

Number three on the list is also something of a surprise: Jaguar, who's score of 112 problems per 100 vehicles seemingly proves not all leaping kitties leave unwanted presents outside the confines of their litter boxes. Porsche (114) and Toyota (122) round out the top five. The industry average comes in at 151 problems per 100 vehicles, which of course means that some brands perform rather poorly in J.D. Power's rankings.
Really hard to argue with the stats. Problem is I just think the Toyota trucks are ugly.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Jeeez, I'm on my 5th Ford truck in 14 years, if I had realized they were all crap I never would have bought the 1st one.
I had better run right out tomorrow and get rid of my F-150 before something breaks on it.
In all fairness.
florida64, the issues you are having with your particular truck does not present an accurate portrayal of ALL ford trucks. You have been presented here with several examples of ford trucks that have had no serious problems and are still running strong.
You could go right out tomorrow and trade for a Toyota or any other brand and you still have the chance that the one you picked out will have some issues. It is just the luck of the draw sometimes.

Last edited by mlamprey; 11-29-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
HaHa that is funny!! And to the other on here that says I should buy one already, a toyota.....Well I dont want to lose my but in buying a new truck. I was just venting here that a 25k truck should not have these kind of problems at 40k!! That's ridiculous, and that there is a pie chart somewhere that proves imports are less likely to cause problems in early ownnership.

Thanks for making Florida look bad.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good thing you didn't get a flat tire.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Stealth
Good thing you didn't get a flat tire.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
I couldn't find the pie chart, but according to J.D.Powers, the Toyota is in the top 5.

Really hard to argue with the stats. Problem is I just think the Toyota trucks are ugly.
Well, expy that was for a company as a whole. Remember, Ford sells commercial vehicles and heavy duty trucks (f-250 & f-350) which always result in poor dependability. That's what always drags Ford down. The F-150 missed tying toyota turdra by a bubble. F-150 matched the turdra in overall dependability, powertrain durability. It beat the turdra in body & interior durability and only lost in feature and accesory durability. Too bad JD doesn't count recalls for the last three years in their rankings, then the F-150 would have ran away with it.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings.../large-pickup/

Last edited by hydro1; 11-29-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, an interesting blanket statement. The last paragragh takes the cake. Florida, I think its time for you to go to a library and borrow "How To Win Friends And Influence People".

Old 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I wish I would of been warned not to read your moronic post!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ktpman
I wish I would of been warned not to read your moronic post!
I'm warning you right now to not click on any threads that bluegreenf150 has posted in.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Wait, so your mad that a $300 part wore out after 40k miles... i dont understand. My 06 just rolled over 80k (will be over 81 by the time i get home from school for Christmas) and is due for brakes, needs two new tires, air filter and im going to do the plugs while im at it... oh, and it needs a front end alignment

Sorry you're having problems, but i dont get your gripe, its a machine, things wear out... its part of owning a vehicle.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by mlamprey
Jeeez, I'm on my 5th Ford truck in 14 years, if I had realized they were all crap I never would have bought the 1st one.
I had better run right out tomorrow and get rid of my F-150 before something breaks on it.
In all fairness.
florida64, the issues you are having with your particular truck does not present an accurate portrayal of ALL ford trucks. You have been presented here with several examples of ford trucks that have had no serious problems and are still running strong.
You could go right out tomorrow and trade for a Toyota or any other brand and you still have the chance that the one you picked out will have some issues. It is just the luck of the draw sometimes.
What the hell you talkng about? You don't keep a truck around long enough to give it a chance to break down...Five trucks in 14 years? why is that, don't trust the product?

Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM
i had a 2006 SCREW Liarat that i just traded for a Toyota sequoia. I still like Ford and think they make good product, so much better than GM IMO.. i mean much better than GM!!!!!!! But i gotta say, the toyota 5.7 is WAY stronger than the weak 5.4 triton i had. The quality of the build seems better too. I would again buy a ford truck , but right now i really enjoy my Toyota. My ford had the following issues all under 65k miles;

1. 3 fuel injectors at 25k
2. 3 more fuel injectors at 43k
3. 2 power window motors went down ($800 to fix)
4. could not get the steering wheel to stop shaking at highway speeds since it was brand new. Balanced, rotated etc... dealer was stumped
5. gas mileage was no where near 14/18 more like 10/14
6. Had a weird ticking noise that started at 20k miles. Dealer said not to worry but you could hear it in the cab.

Quick Reply: They warned me, but I did not listen!!