2009 - 2014 F-150

They warned me, but I did not listen!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by florida64
What the hell you talkng about? You don't keep a truck around long enough to give it a chance to break down...Five trucks in 14 years? why is that, don't trust the product?
I trade a truck when I feel like upgrading within the model years smartass, it has nothing to do with the age, milage or dependability of the vehicle.
You come on here as a new member of 4 whole months with all of (now) 9 posts. You start your integration into the membership here by slamming the very truck this forum is based upon, telling all of us that ford trucks are crap !
Here is a tip, if I could type it in crayon for you I would but I will try to make it quite clear.
Nobody invited you here to insult the members and the very trucks we love, modify and use to earn our livings. If you feel that a toyota is a better truck Go Buy it ! TaTa, See Ya, By By !!!!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by mlamprey
If you feel that a toyota is a better truck Go Buy it !
Now why would he do that!? He doesnt want to "lose his butt" in buying a new truck remember!? He would much rather stay on this forum, bash all our trucks, and make an as*clown out of himself!

D

Old 11-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My first truck: 1995 F-150 XL 8' bed, 300I6. Used as our lawnmower business truck for the first 72,000 (tranny went bad due to my father driving an auto like a manual). Repaired and driven for another 140,000 by me 5 days a week back and forth to college. Sold in 2003 with 210,000 and STILL going today.

Second: 1996 XLT 8' bed with 302. Why I sold Old Green above. My Papaw passed away and left me this vehicle. First V8, after years of a 6...young, stupid and was t-boned 3 months later. 39,000 miles on it when I got the truck (a shame, not even broken in...)
and wrecked at around 44,000. Even though totaled out, I started the truck one last time and the 302 turned right on over and sounded just as strong as the day I got it.

Third: 2004 XL 8' with the 4.2 V6. This egg of a truck lasted me 104,000 miles with no problems, then the EGR valve when out and this DID turn into a money pit. Seemed like one thing after another failed. I chalked it up to being a leftover '03 that wasn't loved as much as its brothers lol. Traded it in at 114,000 miles on....

Now: 2008 STX SuperCab 6.5' bed with the 4.6. It took me a little while to get used to the monotone painted bumpers, but I wouldn't sell this truck now. It's my baby. Boughtit brand new and have loved every single of my almost 92,000 miles. Nothing done to it except for regular maintenance repairs such as brakes, wipers, etc. I'm due a new battery soon but I'm Ford Family Proud to own this truck.

I say this in a book-length post to reiterate that no truck is perfect (but that old 4.9 I6 was as close to a perfect engine as there ever was), but you have to stand by the product YOU purchased and be man enough to make your own choices. I don't buy chocolate ice cream because others tell me they like it, I buy it because I like it. So to the OP, decide what YOU want out of a truck, then go buy it.

But it is not nice to come on a Ford truck forum and start bashing something that every poster, either negative or positive, has strong feelings about. So if you like Fords, realize things break and come on here to have fun, or buy import, dog their product line and see how you get treated on THOSE forums. Good day.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Got my pitch fork ready!

Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Suspended
Toyota makes some awesome vehicles, the tundra is not one of them. If I could have gotten by with a midsized truck I'd be driving a taco right now. The new ford motors blows the 5.7 out of the water

Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, I didn't read all 3 pages of this post, but read enough I think. First, don't come on an F150 forum bashing their product, you will find no sympathy and only find grief. Second, if you want to jump to Toyota, go ahead. I had a 2006 Tundra that I put 82,000-ish worry-free miles on and only changed the oil, tires and brakes. I would buy another in a minute but needed more interior space for my family. Third, I don't care what you buy there is good and bad in everything. I've owned 3 Dodges, 2 Fords, 1 Chevy, 1 Toyota and 1 Nissan...all trucks. Never had a need to bash any of them...just like the looks of the new F150.

Dude, if you're not happy go buy what you think will make you happy. Life is too short! Just don't come to a Ford forum bashing Ford's looking for sympathy...ain't going to happen.

Nunya

Old 12-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Gotta chime in on this one.... Have a (new to me) 04 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4. Bought it with 81k on the clock for cheap money. Always had a Dodge and this is 1st Ford. Gotta tell you what, I'll never go back. This F150 is AWSOME.... I don't think I would have a Toyota either, based on the fact I tow around my 25.5 foot boat that weighs in at 5950 lbs on the trailer and I don't think the Toyota has the frame for it, never mind the brake problems that plague the Toyota trucks. You can see the bed twisting on them going over a bumpy road with nothing in them.......

As far as the milage thing is concerned, the milage I get is far above what I would have expected. This truck is a 4x4, w/ 3.73 gears, the 5.4 Triton and 18" factory rims and "E" rated tires, run on 89 gas. Unloaded, I can get between 18 and 21 MPG consistantly, depending on the gas I use, the speed I maintain and the terrain I'm driving in. With the boat, it drops to between 11 and 12, but that is expected.

As far as repairs are concerned, I've had the "sticking steering shaft" problem (fixed my self with some grease), front wheel bearing / hub (IWE) that I replaced myself and just ordered a Fuel Pump Driver Module, as it is a known potential problem. I consider that a HUGE improvement over the problems other vehicles are known have (must carry a spare trans around in the bed for a Dodge, for one, I know as I went thru 3 of them on one truck in 60k miles).

Vehicle choice and ownership is a personal choice. I know people who look to the lemon law if a light bulb keeps burning out and complain about every little thing like they just bought a Rolls Royce and expect zero problems. Then there are others that take it all in stride, understanding machines are just that, machines and they have problems from time to time. A friend has a big buck Audi that breaks everytime it leaves the garage and cost a weeks pay check everytime it gets fixed.

If one isn't happy with what they have, get rid of it and get something else with a whole new series of problems and be done with it, but don't belittle the folks for liking / loving thier choice in vehicles. It's like a marriage that has problems. If you love your wife, you work thru the problems to make the relationship work and be happy. If you don't love her, you call it quits and move on to hopefully another relationship that makes you happy, but that's 50/50 crap shoot at best, as the problem may just be you......

Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
RVJ
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles
but will they stop bwahaha lol
I thought they refused to stop.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM
toyota realy let's not forget about Pearl Harbor!

Old 12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by fez2010
toyota realy let's not forget about Pearl Harbor!
LOL, no one has forgot about Pearl Harbor. Hope this is a joke.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The OP is probably a female. We all know they never take care of their vehicles.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:11 PM
"They warned me, but I did not listen!!"

My moment, The unfortunate day I found out women really do go poo.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=florida64;4727976]What the hell you talkng about? You don't keep a truck around long enough to give it a chance to break down...Five trucks in 14 years? why is that, don't trust the product?[/QUOTE

Some people dont like driving vehicles too long.. Im the same way. I buy a vehicle, mod it, then get rid of it when Im bored... However, what happened to your truck will happen to most trucks if you dont ever look under your hood. If you take care of a vehicle and understand that things will break if you dont do preventative maintenance, they become more costly. Ford is the most dependable, longest lasting, best-selling truck for over 33 years... Beat that sir!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=brazzeal15;4732082]
Originally Posted by florida64
What the hell you talkng about? You don't keep a truck around long enough to give it a chance to break down...Five trucks in 14 years? why is that, don't trust the product?[/QUOTE

Some people dont like driving vehicles too long.. Im the same way. I buy a vehicle, mod it, then get rid of it when Im bored... However, what happened to your truck will happen to most trucks if you dont ever look under your hood. If you take care of a vehicle and understand that things will break if you dont do preventative maintenance, they become more costly. Ford is the most dependable, longest lasting, best-selling truck for over 33 years... Beat that sir!

Shame on me. I've purchased 8 new Fords in 14 years.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Go buy your Yota & @#$%!!!

Quick Reply: They warned me, but I did not listen!!