2009 - 2014 F-150

They warned me, but I did not listen!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to buy new tires for $1,400!!!! This is just unacceptable for a vehicle with 81,000 miles they should last forever and never wear out!!! I'm pissed Ford!!! You should engineer your trucks to be lighter so it doesn't wear out my tires!!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Understand the OPs frustration but it's not wise to come to an F150 forum and slam ALL F150s because he had a bad experience with his(one).It's a mechanical machine with hundreds of moving parts that can fail at ANY time for ANY car/truck.My 93 F150 Scab 4x2 xlt with over 100k left me stranded from starter failure-had to get towed and fixed to the tune of $550 for starter and alternator replacement(among many other things that got fixed later on).97 F150 Scab 4x4 xlt with 94+K left me stranded from shift lever seizure(wouldn't get out of park!) and also had to get towed but had a third party warranty that covered most of it.My 2011 F150 lariat 4x4 Scab 5.0 is excellent but having a minor issue with interior noises at 7400+ miles.Kinda disappointing yes but I won't rip on other members here and brag about buying a Yota Yundra.BTW,had a 04 Nissan Titan 4x4 se with a blown rear end at 46+K that just crept past the extended warranty($2300+) so even the mighty asian trucks break too

Old 02-12-2012, 12:04 PM
A friend of mine bought a new '11 Tundra. So far, he's had it at the dealer's shop 6 times; three times for the brakes (spongy pedal, pedal bottoms out, right rear wheel locking up), once for a mysterious electrical problem (headlights blinking and blowing fuse), and twice for engine roughness and lousy fuel mileage (they replaced the computer, but it's still not right.) He says as soon as he gets it back from the dealer this time, he's gonna trade it in on a new Lariat. It just goes to show ya, everyone has a "lemon" from time to time - even Rolls-Royce!

An update - my friend traded in his Tundra (with only 9.800 miles!) on a new F150 Ecoboost scab. He says he'll never buy another Toyota of any kind.

My '03 Heritage Edition now has 220,000 plus miles. I use it as a daily driver, and to pull our 25' travel trailer as well. The 5.4 engine has no problem with the trailer, even pulling up grades in the Smokies and the Blue Ridge area.. I bought it used about 1-1/2 years ago, did a full service when I got it, and have put about 14,500 miles on it with absolutely no problems since, just routine service. The body and interior is practically mint, with no dents or tears anywhere. The paint does have a few minor scratches and chips in places, but nothing really visible without close inspection. I figure I'll have it for 'way past 300,000 miles!

Last edited by ExTex; 05-29-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by florida64
I was warned not to buy American, especially Ford. But 9/09 I purchased a XLT 4.6, extended cab. Love the ride and the the look, but thats as far as it goes. With 40k I am having to replace the "solenoid canister purge valve", $315.00 out the door from dealer. Why the dealer you ask, because I was lucky to limp the truck into anywhere at the time, was stalling on me on the highway. Last week it wouldn't start one day and after a half a dozen attempts it started. Before this repair it was a fuel sensor in the tank. That repair would of cost 600 to 800 hundred dollars if not under warrantee. Unaceptable on a truck that's a couple years old. Can only imagine what repairs wait down the line. One more repair, one more time being stranded and I will be looking at Toyota as much as I don't like the looks of their trucks. At least I know they will start. Before the ford had a 95 Nizzan with 150k on the odo, never even had to replace the clutch. No wonder Detroit is a s*&^ town now because nothing but that comes froom it.
Think the F-150 by far is the best looking truck inside and out, ashame I cant rely on it!!
Feel better now? I know Toyota never ever had a single problem.. Oh wait, they did and so has anything that has ever been made in the history of the world... Pull you panties on and move along!

Last edited by Luca1500; 02-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:21 PM
HaHa that is funny!! And to the other on here that says I should buy one already, a toyota.....Well I dont want to lose my but in buying a new truck. I was just venting here that a 25k truck should not have these kind of problems at 40k!! That's ridiculous, and that there is a pie chart somewhere that proves imports are less likely to cause problems in early ownnership.

Fo someone to say this is acceptable is either an idiot or just has more cash then they know what to do with it.....

I thought this was a place to place concerns about our trucks, but perhaps it's just a place for people to show how much money they are dumping in their trucks for stupid upgrades that know one cares about but themselves.
You have from what I see.. 9 posts on this forum... You expect be held in everyones loving arms or maybe most most will think you are just a troll. You did not come in and ask anything, you came in here complaining about American made and you were on your way to buy a Toyota.. What the "__ "did you expect?

Old 02-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by shortride
I have a similar situation with my '09 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic. Everyone is always saying “Buy American.” My Ultra Classic has been nothing but a nightmare since I've had it. It has stranded me twice with lots of electronic issues.
That sucks, I have an 02 Heritage I bought used in 06 with 2500 miles on it and chrome dripping off it.. Now has 50K and the only thing I have had to do was tires, brake pads and battery.. I would ride this bike anywhere.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Funny...this guy has 9 posts; and he's bytching in all nine! What a freaking loser.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM
bitchen in 9 post = a cry baby. you @$$ go grow up and move on allready!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Uh, I think yoos guys are kickin a dead horse.

The OP hasn't been around since 12/19/11.

This thread is OLD.

Maybe he's over at the Toy-odor forum, now.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Thread dead for 2 months and now Yota lover is getting his teeth kicked in again.

Awesome!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by ExTex
It just goes to show ya, everyone has a "lemon" from time to time - even Rolls-Royce!
Yup, just look at the Space Shuttle fleet.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Never said my truck was a lemmon, just unhappy about a 300 dollar repair out of warranty and a fuel sensor repair that was luckily under warranty otherwise to drop the tank it would of been a 800 dollar repair I am told.

Truck rides smooth and has the best body style and interior of other trucks IMO. I dont like little things like how the big doors want to swing open when you open half way trying not to hit the car next to you, geting something out of your truck, touch the door and it swings open. And how the in Drive indicator is red like a warning light and not green as it should be, and that the only way to know sometimes if my lights are on when in the auto sensor position is either turn the lights on by hand or pull up to a vehicle and see my reflection., the dash and headlights don't always come on together and no light On indicator? Those are minor things done by retard engineers.

Just hope the truck will last 150k without major repairs is all.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey folks......

Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Never said my truck was a lemmon, just unhappy about a 300 dollar repair out of warranty and a fuel sensor repair that was luckily under warranty otherwise to drop the tank it would of been a 800 dollar repair I am told.

Truck rides smooth and has the best body style and interior of other trucks IMO.
Just hope the truck will last 150k without major repairs is all.
It should. Just stay on top of the general maintenance and don't let a few $50-100 repairs bum you out. It's a machine, things will break

Old 02-13-2012, 07:49 PM
It is a guy a my shop with 2011 tundra and the local dealer has had it in the shop 7 times for bad brakes, The truck has 21k on the clock and Friday at lunch he hit the building and did 3k worth of damage to his truck NOW THAT IS A SHAME! I have 10 new truck and 3 of them have been ford f150 and I would never look back. I have just order a new 2012 and can't wait. I have a 2001 Work Truck with 264k on it and never had areal problem with it remember it is a 100% work truck( FORD TOUGH) All truck's brake well maybe not all trucks, Them tundra's are having a hard time with that..

Quick Reply: They warned me, but I did not listen!!