2009 - 2014 F-150

Box Side steps

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Box Side steps

Who has them and are they worth the money and do they work as they should? I recently helped my friend wire his new garage and he has a 07 F150 company truck. Everytime I went to get something out of the truck I could not reach it and had to stand on the rear tire. Talk about a pain in the ***. These boxes are so high and deep and Im vertically challanged to boot.

Looking for feedback. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:25 AM

I love mine, and everyone that sees me use them think they are a great idea. They are nice to use to wash the vehicle too.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:06 AM
ruffn-it: I agree!

When I was searching for my truck, I hadn't even THOUGHT about the box side steps, but they're awesome! When something slides forward in the bed, it's easy to just reach up and grab it. My wife is short too (5'2") so she loves them.

On a side note: what's your technique for washing the roof? My Scab isn't as long as your Screw, but I'm still looking for a good way to easily wash the roof!

Thanks,

-John

Old 12-16-2011, 02:00 PM
I bought an '11 off a dealer's lot a couple of months ago that has them. I wouldn't have ordered them, and to be honest, when I saw the truck had them, I thought, "yeah, like I'll ever use those" (since I'm 6'3"). Turns out I've used them a lot more than I thought I would. My only concern is how mine will function during a Minnesota winter...a little concerned that they may become encased in frozen slush/ice. I would like to remove mine and install wheel-to-wheel NFab bars that have a box step built into them...so mine are for sale, if you (or anyone else) are interested.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I didnt think about it till after i got my new EB. But fords bed sits higher and if your an average height guy like me or shorter you can not reach anything in the box

Old 12-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by ChezHed
I bought an '11 off a dealer's lot a couple of months ago that has them. I wouldn't have ordered them, and to be honest, when I saw the truck had them, I thought, "yeah, like I'll ever use those" (since I'm 6'3"). Turns out I've used them a lot more than I thought I would. My only concern is how mine will function during a Minnesota winter...a little concerned that they may become encased in frozen slush/ice. I would like to remove mine and install wheel-to-wheel NFab bars that have a box step built into them...so mine are for sale, if you (or anyone else) are interested.
might be interested in the right price. let me know PM me

Old 12-17-2011, 07:32 PM
If he doesn't buy them I would like to have the second shot at them. Just let me know...pm me...

Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 AM
RVJ
[QUOTE=ChezHed;4738900]I bought an '11 off a dealer's lot a couple of months ago that has them. I wouldn't have ordered them, and to be honest, when I saw the truck had them, I thought, "yeah, like I'll ever use those" (since I'm 6'3"). Turns out I've used them a lot more than I thought I would. My only concern is how mine will function during a Minnesota winter...a little concerned that they may become encased in frozen slush/ice. QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. I thought what a waste of money. Now that I have used them several times, I would not do without them. I have had them caked in ice and snow and they worked just fine. Kicking them to open them seemed to knock off the ice and snow.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
The only people that don't like them are the ones that haven't tried them.

Sorta like the tailgate step.

Younger people think they are meant for old people.

Old people think they are meant for old people and are grateful to have them.

I have both, plus the midget stripper pole on my XLT and can't imagine not having them and still owning a 4WD truck.

In the winter, I deploy mine before entering an automated car wash and that keeps them working all winter long.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I just got my first F-150 a few days ago and it's a 2012. I'm a 5' 10" guy and I can barely reach the floor of the bed standing on the side of the truck. My 5' 6" wife couldn't pick up some shoes that were in the bed and had to open the tailgate to get in the bed.

I'm going to get some of these very soon.......

Quick Reply: Box Side steps