2009 - 2014 F-150

KC Lightbar or Smittybilt/NFab Lightbar

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't come up with anything either when I searched. The KC light locks didn't have any disclaimer on the KC website about not fitting the Slimlites but rather only fits standard 1/2" bolts. I take it the Slimlites do not have 1/2" bolt?

Old 02-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I installed the N-Fab light bar (also sold under Smittybilt, part 130050, identical to the N-Fab, logo's and all) instead of the KC bar mostly because of price. $120 vs. $275...

The overall design of the N-Fab is excellent and quality, but the light tab spacing and position wasn't ideal for I wanted to do with my four Rigid duallys. I ordered some additional PIAA aluminum light tabs and made a quick bracket out of some aluminum angle stock to get exactly the positioning I wanted.

You can see the PIAA mount on the bottom left corner of the picture if you look carefully. The aluminum bracket connecting the two mounts is painted to match and pretty much disappears. The lights themselves are a bit more protected, as they are higher and farther back. The would rotate back if I pushed into something, probably preventing much damage at lower speeds.

HID fogs as well...

Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Is that tape on the mounts?

Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by NastyFX4
Is that tape on the mounts?
Black gaffers tape... Temporary until I decide if I'm grinding them off. But I think I like having the forward facing tabs as a first contact point if anybody backs into me while parking.

I've changed the setup around multiple times with different lights, different spacing, etc, but I think I'm pretty happy with with where I am at now. Though I am still considering replacing the four dually's with a single Rigid 20" light bar! I'll clean up a few things once I am 100% done with the configuration.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
I couldn't come up with anything either when I searched. The KC light locks didn't have any disclaimer on the KC website about not fitting the Slimlites but rather only fits standard 1/2" bolts. I take it the Slimlites do not have 1/2" bolt?
Slimlighters use a 3/8" stud, everything else uses a 1/2" stud. KC Doesn't make a light lock for 3/8, so I bought a few TuffNutz and I'll see how they work. From what I heard, some guy in NYC had the same setup as me, for a year so far the lights haven't gotten stolen off his Jeep, I like those odds.

Quick Reply: KC Lightbar or Smittybilt/NFab Lightbar