2009 - 2014 F-150

Having Electrical Gremlins... Ford has a fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having Electrical Gremlins... Ford has a fix

Sorry I don't have the exact part number or correct name or part off hand. I will update this when the backordered part comes in.

Anyway, I was getting erractic things happening with my a/c. The truck would just be sitting at idle no a/c or heater going and all of a sudden the a/c would kick on full blast without me touching anything. I would hit the off button and it would kick on again, and again and again. I would also get funny things happening when pluggin my Ipod. The a/c would kick on, lose settings, etc.
The dealer was able to replicate the problem (lucky for me ) and was on the phone a while with Ford. Ford actually said there is a growing number of these complaints and will send out a new module. I'm not sure what exactly it is because my dealer didn't want to close out the paperwork. They wanted Ford to rush the part out. As of right now Ford thinks my truck is still there (even though I picked it up and will return when the part comes in). It is currently backordered and should be in next week or so.

So, if you are getting electrical gremlins with the a/c or other electrical bugs take it in and it should get fixed without them saying "no problem found"

Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Two things come to mind......smart junction box or a canned bus module....

Old 01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the part came in and just picked up the truck. It was a "blower speed control module" that was bad. Hopefully she's all fixed.

Quick Reply: Having Electrical Gremlins... Ford has a fix