2009 - 2014 F-150

Using a BD tuner for things other than tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using a BD tuner for things other than tuning?

I was reading up on the Bully Dog tuners and they seem to have quite a few valuable functions other than performance tuning. This thread is about that not the HP/TQ side of the tuner. I'm not familiar with BD so I was hoping someone could give me some definitive answers.

Can I run new tires/wheels with no TPMS without a TPMS fault light on the dash?

Can I correct the tire size, spedo and use the monitoring gauges for boost and other things on factory tune settings?

I don't want to run any type of tune other than stock, will this still void a warranty?

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 01-23-2012, 07:48 AM
You can run larger tires and it will compensate your speedo. I'm not sure about TPS.
If you return it to stock before you bring it in for service and remove the tuner you shouldn't have any issues with your warranty

Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Anyone with any solid info on the TPMS side of this thing? I'm hoping I can just leave the sensors in my factory wheels and cancel the sensors out with the tuner.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:37 PM
One of the things I wanted to do with my Bullydog was use it as a boost gauge without loading a tune... Wanted to wait for a more mature version of the tune before loading.

Can't be done. Although the Bullydog has a boost gauge function, you can't access it unless you download the tune. I don't know if any of the other peripheral functions like tire size correction are the same way.

I had read just a few too many complaints about the BD, especially how it modified transmission behavior. I sent it back under their 30 day guarantee.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by pfb2
One of the things I wanted to do with my Bullydog was use it as a boost gauge without loading a tune... Wanted to wait for a more mature version of the tune before loading.

Can't be done. Although the Bullydog has a boost gauge function, you can't access it unless you download the tune. I don't know if any of the other peripheral functions like tire size correction are the same way.

I had read just a few too many complaints about the BD, especially how it modified transmission behavior. I sent it back under their 30 day guarantee.
Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

Quick Reply: Using a BD tuner for things other than tuning?