2009 - 2014 F-150

need help on otd price Asap......

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help on otd price Asap......

Hey all im new to this site but looking at buying a 2012 ford f-150 fx4 5.0 v-8. just wondering some out the door prices people have been getting so i can compare... i went to the dealership this weekend and got 38,500 for a fx4 luxury package without the nav system but with the moon roof and 20" tires. Anyone think thats a good price or what you think i should get it for??? thanks

Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Suspended
I was seeing that truck with navi for $38500 + TTL back in 2011

It's easier to discuss prices before TTL due to different state taxes and fees.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM
I just bought a 2012 fx4 ecoboost. Heres what I did. I figured out the exact truck I wanted (trim,options,etc.), had my local dealer locate one and print me out the window sticker for it. After I was sure it had everything I wanted on it, I asked him to show me the invoice. At the bottom of the invoice page, it will show holdback ($1418), invoice price, then 2 or 3 different "plan" prices (A plan, X plan, etc.) The invoice price and holdback will be the same no matter what dealership you are dealing with.

Once you go through this process you have all of the information you need to make your deal and you won't have to go through this process again with any of the other dealerships you deal with. You are now an "informed buyer"!!

The rest of the process can be very quick, or may take a couple days, depending on how good of a deal you are willing to settle for. If you don't mind taking a little bit of extra time, you can buy your truck for invoice minus holdback minus rebates. That's it. Out the door. DONT PAY DOC FEES! I am not saying invoice minus holdback is the best deal you can make either, but it is a very good deal.

The time taking process involves sending emails to other dealerships, through their websites, explaining exactly what you want. If they call, ask them to email you the window sticker so you can verify it is the truck you want as stated before. If a dealer has or says he can get the truck you want its ok to talk price on the phone, but always have him email you his best offer, this way you have documentation AND you can forward this to your local dealer and the bidding war begins!

Hope this helps!

Old 03-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Timebomb so when I asked to see the invoice he said he wasn't at liberty to show me, is that true? Or is he just lying to try to get more money. So the price of 38,500 wasn't including tax title reg so that would put the truck over 40k for a fx4 150 which seems way to high for what I see them going for on eBay newspapers ect.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Suspended
He can show you the invoice. He is playing a stupid game, i would tell him to **** the hell off and go to another dealer.

If you are going to pay $38500 you want factory navi.

whats the sticker on the truck?

that price isn't too far off of what it should be, but it's definitely not a deal IMO that i'd jump at.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 PM
This like comparing apples to donkeys. Location makes a big difference. And unles we are getting down to every exact option its going to be hard to compare, even paint color can be a 300 dollar difference. My buddy just got an Fx4 descently equipped for 34 out the door have 4k in rebates. I would think your average xlt or fx4 running the roads is going to be 38-41k before rebates. Your better off comparing 2-3 dealers for the EXACT same truck in your area.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM
If he won't show you the invoice, never go back-simple. A reputable dealer would never pull something like that.

As stated earlier, leave tag & tax out of the equation. It's not something that is negotiable, nor is it the same in all states.

You can also go to kbb.com and price out the exact truck you want and it will show you msrp & invoice price for the truck & options you want. That being said, you still need to SEE the dealer's invoice for the truck you are trying to purchase.

Quick Reply: need help on otd price Asap......