2009 - 2014 F-150

rear window

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear window

now that i figured out my clock, i have another question. does anybody else have a back window that creaks? never noticed it when new, but for the last few months i've noticed an occasional creak/rattle from the back window area when the truck goes over bumps, or the body twists. oddly enough, the other day when i went through a car wash, the sound completely disappeared for about a day, but then came back. i haven't dug into the problem too much, but am thinking maybe the window trim on the outside of the truck is rubbing up against the cab?? and somehow water lubes it up so it doesn't squeak after getting washed. any thoughts out there? anyone else have this issue? thanks...troy

Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
I have the creak/squeak. It started during the cold of winter and when I hit a bump in the road. That was several years ago. I just put up with it, but now its all the time. I dont have any front end rattling or muffler rattling so I can really hear it now. Im thinking about have it yanked out and rebedded.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:56 PM
I had the creak/squeak. Not anymore. My passenger side fixed window exploded while i was driving down the highway. Safelight changed it, and the new window(Ford Part) does not creak!!!

BJ

Old 09-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The creak noise is annoying! Makes the truck sound like a POS. There are many threads on this....one of which I responded to the last time I posted in Feb 2014! For me and what you describe it is the rubber window gasket rubbing the paint and body.
At any rate I get it bad when temp is between 38-55 Degrees. Dealer could not duplicate after putting 50 miles on my truck (really). They didn't listen to me when I said test it in the morning. Anyway, get a plastic bondo or putty knife and pull the rubber trim back and add lubricant. That should solve the problem. I used a Teflon silicon spray before to test my theory and it worked but doesn't last if it rains much where you live. Now that it is getting colder I'm about to do mine again but this time with Dupont Krytox (what ford used in the TSB for 04-08 models with same issue) to hopefully bury this issue

Quick Reply: rear window