2009 - 2014 F-150

Leather cleaner/conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DraKhen99
I like Meguir's Gold Class Leather Cleaner / Conditioner.

-John
I concur, the stuff is a great product

Old 03-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tuttled
I concur, the stuff is a great product
But the wrong product for the plasticized leather seats (except for the KR).

Old 03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
leather seats

Originally Posted by shotgunz
I was assured by my salesman that the seats in my 2010 lariat were all leather, is this not the case? FS

Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Fasteel
I was assured by my salesman that the seats in my 2010 lariat were all leather, is this not the case? FS
Salesmen always tell the truth, right?

But if you don't believe me...

And this information is in that funny sized book that came with the truck.
LEATHER SEATS
(IF EQUIPPED, EXCEPT FOR THE KING RANCH SUPERCREW)
Your leather seating surfaces have a clear, protective coating over the leather.
For King Ranch SuperCrew leather seats, refer to separate section in this chapter.
• For routine cleaning, wipe the surface with a soft, damp cloth. For more thorough cleaning, wipe the surface with a mild soap and water
solution. In Canada, use Motorcraft Vinyl Cleaner (CXC-93). Dry the area with a soft cloth.
• If the leather cannot be completely cleaned using a mild soap and water solution, the leather may be cleaned using a commercially available cleaning product designed for automotive interiors.
Do not use household cleaning products, alcohol solutions, solvents or cleaners intended for rubber, vinyl and plastics, or oil/petroleum-based leather conditioners. These products may cause premature wearing of the clear, protective coating.
Note: In some instances, color or dye transfer can occur when wet clothing comes in contact with leather upholstery. If this occurs, the leather should be cleaned immediately to avoid permanent staining.

Last edited by shotgunz; 03-23-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Exellent post

Old 03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
The meguiar's Leather Conditioner is safe for our leather seats, It does not have any petroleum base only aloe and premium conditioners..

Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Not quite. It will work just fine for them. As I said the only part leather is the center of the bottom and back where it meets. I also would NOT use Meguiars Leather C&C for the King Ranch leather seats..

Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by nastyfx4
not quite. It will work just fine for them. As i said the only part leather is the center of the bottom and back where it meets. I also would not use meguiars leather c&c for the king ranch leather seats..
1+++

Old 03-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the non KR seats ( coated leather, not specifically plastic coated ) , I use PB Natural look on them.

When I need a good scrubbing or the creases need some help, Leatherique works great with a leather brush.
Just did a test on this, and the minor creases it removed, the deeper ones it really minimized.
It does take time to get the creases out, I did the 44 gal garbage bag and hairdryer route to get the steam room, but it was not warm enough outside to let it sit on its own.
Should have done a 2nd round on it, but I figure I am just going to put on the extra leather cover I have with the new foam and heating element.

Contrary to the grape vine, Leatherique does not have oil in it.

Lexol cleaner works good for a general clean up, but the PB Natural look works better for the conditioner.

PB makes a Leather specific product ( Leather Stuff ) for bare leather, which can be used on the coated leather and vinyl, but it is more expensive than NL.

I don't do this, but some will use over diluted APC to clean coated leather seats, just have to rinse them well ( and make sure of what the dilution ratios for general use should be ) . PITA in my book, I'll stick with Leatherique for cleaning them.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Show Details
Dear Michael

I first want to thank you for your interest in Meguiar's products and I hope your experience is a pleasant one.

Gold Class Leather Conditioner should be safe for you to use on your leather seats because that product does not contain any petroleum. You should be totally safe to use that item.

Once again thank you for your interest in Meguiar’s. If there is anything else we can do for you please let me know. Also, if you get the chance to send any pictures of the car you are working on I would love to see them.

---On 2012-03-30 20:13:00.0 You Wrote Us---

Customer Comments:
I was told that Icould not use this product on my NEW 2012 F150 LARIAT with leather seats. The owners manual states that you can't use any protrolum base cleaner. Because the seats are not (TRUE) leather. Is this product safe for my truck??

This was a statement from Meguiar's..

Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I use the King Ranch leather cleaner/conditioner that you have to order from the King Ranch web site. It is fairly inexpensive and does a great job. I apply at least twice a year.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
X2 on the Zaino!

Quick Reply: Leather cleaner/conditioner