2009 - 2014 F-150

Rear Bumper Step

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Bumper Step

Has anyone had any problems with their rear bumper step pad breaking? I only have 4300 miles on my truck. Rarely need it to step into the truck. Never backed into anything.. Yet today stepping up on it I felt it was a little loose. So I looked under it and found the little clip in the center was a little loose so I played with it a little to see if it would click tighter or something. I mean barely touching this thing and it snapped right off... Not sure I want to even mess with warranty on this..

Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by NastyFX4
Has anyone had any problems with their rear bumper step pad breaking? I only have 4300 miles on my truck. Rarely need it to step into the truck. Never backed into anything.. Yet today stepping up on it I felt it was a little loose. So I looked under it and found the little clip in the center was a little loose so I played with it a little to see if it would click tighter or something. I mean barely touching this thing and it snapped right off... Not sure I want to even mess with warranty on this..
Pretty much all the plastic on these things is incredibly easy to break, and does so often. I know the truck I drive at work(a super duty), we have to replace the plastic piece on the top of the tailgate like every 6 mos or so, it just breaks off a lot(the cold doesn't help, I'm sure). But, its just cheap. Every manufacturer does it, not really any way to avoid it. Kinda sucks, I know.....

Old 03-26-2012, 03:06 AM
I've had a couple of F150s prior that saw more mileage, more use with no problems. Just surprised that it happened.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Anyone else have issues with it?

Quick Reply: Rear Bumper Step