2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 F150 4x4 airbag module light

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 4x4 airbag module light

Just purchased a 2009 F150 4x4 with 17k miles on it. Looks and runs great but this has a salvage title due to side crash with air bags deployed. The shop did a good job of repair but airbag dash light is on.

The small dealer guy (guy who buys his inventory from auctions) does not know anything about the car but we got the Carfax on it which confirmed the accident.

I have a couple of questions:
1. How do we read the error code to cause the light to be turned on. When the car is turned on, the light does NOT blink a code. It goes on, off, and then stays on. I did a code read with my scanner but it came up with NO codes of any kind.

2. I suspect I may have to send control unit to someone to be reset. Anybody have experience with any of the on-line web sites? I see one in Florida will do it for (about) $50. I am in California so I prefer something kind of close.

3. Anybody know where the control unit is located? I have read a few postings and figure it is near the center hump under the dash.

Thanks for any suggestions

Bruce
Orange County, California

Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had an issue where both air bag lights are on after truck has started. Both the one in the dash cluster. and also the passanger light.

they have replaced lower seat tract, and a couple reprograms on the modules. and from time to time , it still does it. The lower seat tract on the passanger side has a bunch of safety computer crud. not sure , it seems the execissive seat shake is causing most of it.

I notice when i drive through a field to drop someone off at a tractor or combine. and later one after truck has been shut off. it will happen on start up.

i had a problem battery . which i replaced after 1.5 years. and that helped it seems with the issue. but it still happens at least 1x a month.

if they are both staying on all the time. at each start up. i wouldnt drive the vehicle and or know airbags might not work.

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 4x4 airbag module light