2009 - 2014 F-150

2013 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by MO50
Should I post some links to the ford/Firestone mishaps?
No need - anyone with any intelligence knows that ALL makes have had some kind of issues. This is a Ford forum - let the Dodge haters vent. Slamming Fords here will just bring the fanboys out of the closet.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I post some links to the ford/Firestone mishaps?
Go for it. Firestone already claimed responsibility of defective tires, Almost all events were underinflated tires and the Explorer placed middle pack of roll-over potential SUV's.
Fiat (ram) needs to give us taxpayers our money back.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by hydro1
Go for it. Firestone already claimed responsibility of defective tires, Almost all events were underinflated tires and the Explorer placed middle pack of roll-over potential SUV's.
Fiat (ram) needs to give us taxpayers our money back.
Well I'm sure Dodge blames the parts makers for their problems also.

(Completely agree on the bailout comment though)

Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
I like the new dodge trucks, I think they are real nice inside and out. I find it hilarious all the people here are saying the trans will fall out. ZF makes the trans for Dodge now. Oh and they also do most of the Ford trans and GM trannys too! ZF builds good stuff. From what I've seen as an Auto Tech is that Dodge and Ford motors are very good, no leaks and no real issues. GM still has a ton of problems and while Id love to have a G8 GXP I could never own one with as many problems that GM has as a whole.
Eh, not quite. Chrysler is buying the 8 spd transmissions from ZF until their plant in Kokomo is tooled up to build the transmissions. It is the ZF design but with different suppliers so we'll see how it goes. I agree that ZF builds good stuff.

ZF does not build most of the GM and Ford automatics. In fact, they build none of them. They supply GM and Ford with 6 spd manuals, but they don't supply either with their car/truck 6 spd automatic transmissions. GM and Ford both build their own automatics. Ford won't be moving to an 8 spd anytime soon because the mileage gains aren't there. The tricks used in the ZF 8 spd to gain mileage will work just as well in a 6...it's not just the number of speeds that is different.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Why is this topic in the 09-12 F 150 section?
Move to general discussion
If I wanted to learn about a dodge I would not be here!!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Then don't open the thread!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by glc
Then don't open the thread!
You're bossy.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Ford will respond but major changes happen only every 3-5 years or so. The cost and time it takes to come up with a new concept is extensive. Usually you see suttle changes in the between years. But manufacutres cant change at every whim, they have money wrapped into tooling, training employees, and current stock. Dodge redid everything what about 4 years ago now, so its time. GM is about to come out with something very shortly here which Im pretty interested in to see my self. Love my Ford but they are not always the best trucks, and even when they are on top as I feel they have been since 2010 not every compenent is better than the others.

I think shopping around is paramount, for one Ill never buy a Jap truck but I usually shop between ford and chevy. I have brand loyalty, but I also think its rather sheepish to stick with on brand regardless if other products are better or not.

Last edited by nards444; 04-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:07 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Its just a name change, they are still junk. They either did it because they didn't want their trucks associated with their POS cars, or their cars associated with their POS trucks.

Its as bad as chevy calling all their trucks silverados, back in the day the silverado was the top trim level truck, now it encompasses all light duty trucks regardless of trim level. That would be like ford calling all F150's lariats.
Hmm Ford ranger?

Old 04-15-2012, 04:22 AM
http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2013-ram.html

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows...00_first_look/

The new Ram has been announced and has a ton of new technology

-8 spd trans
-Air bag suspension for leveling
-keyless entry and start
-Start an Go engine (shuts off at stoplights)
-Electric steering
-keyless tailgate integrated with door locks
-Grill shutter
-Led lights
-new v6, new chassis

and to much more to list.

My question is what will Ford respond with and how soon?
If Dodge ever offers a 6.5ft bed on a super crew platform, I'd look at them again.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Because most trucks on the road are not stripped anymore. They are cars. For every 1 person that uses their truck for work, I see 10-20 that are used as cars, much like many of ours.
Problem is a truck is kinda necessary to own IMO. How would I fit a wide screen TV, furniture, washer and dryer, sheet rock from Home Depot, etc.etc. in a car? Also, I think even the most stripped down trucks are light years more comfortable than any car (I grew up driving around in brand new Cadillacs BTW, and still think they cramp my legs up sitting on the ground). Those where my parents, I've never personally owned a car yet and although I'm thinking about buying my first car (I've owned eight F150's in a row) I just don't think I could ever overcome owning a vehicle with zero usability (I see a nice deal on a something that would require a truck to fit I wanna take it home without hassle or being at the mercy of someone else's time and vehicle). I used to drive with my friend from Jersey to Ohio in his car and I would feel like I walked there when I got out of the car. I don't feel the same fatigue after a long drive in the truck... I just like seats that sit up high where your knees are more on a 45 degree angle than stretched out straight. I also like the visibility of a truck sitting higher.

I may not use my truck for actual day-to-day work, but there's plenty of times that I absolutely needed a truck....
  • Bring home brand new washer
  • Bring home brand new dryer
  • Bring home brand new stove
  • Bring home brand new refrigerator
  • Bring home brand new dirt bike
  • Tow home brand new Seadoo and then tow to river and lakes to ride
  • Remodel supplies for home (sheet rock, plywood, carpet, etc..)
  • Bring home various HDTV's from 42" up to 60"
  • Bring loads of junk to the dump
  • Bring home large home theater speakers
  • Well, you get the idea....

I just don't see how people get by with a car? Yes the main day to day use of my truck is as a car but I still would be crippled with a car.

Last edited by emig5m; 04-15-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Eric Landstrom
If Dodge ever offers a 6.5ft bed on a super crew platform, I'd look at them again.
They are supposed to start offering it with the 2013's.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
If I were in the market for another truck, I would certainly look at a Ram before making a decision. I have owned 3 1500's and a 3500 dually Cummins- all before the last redesign and the interiors didn't compare to the Ford. Now they do and I do like the looks of them. BUT, I am going to retire next year so I am hoping to make this one a "keeper".

Old 04-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by emig5m
  • Bring home brand new washer
  • Bring home brand new dryer
  • Bring home brand new stove
  • Bring home brand new refrigerator
  • Bring home brand new dirt bike
  • Tow home brand new Seadoo and then tow to river and lakes to ride
  • Remodel supplies for home (sheet rock, plywood, carpet, etc..)
  • Bring home various HDTV's from 42" up to 60"
  • Bring loads of junk to the dump
  • Bring home large home theater speakers
  • Well, you get the idea....
I'm not sure how you meant this, but you come off as a douche for pointing out everything is new and trying to brag. maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's how i took it and i'm sure others. you don't need to defend your purchases on a truck forum about home appliances

and everything you listed, can be delivered from lowes. You can get a small trailer for a dirtbike, after all it weighs a whopping 220 lbs which a prius can handle....

Old 04-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want a new truck bad and hope to purchase one next year. I have to admit, I'm seriouly considing a new Ram.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram