Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still Would never even consider a Dodge

Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 AM
i would over a Chevy any day.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Problem is a truck is kinda necessary to own IMO. How would I fit a wide screen TV, furniture, washer and dryer, sheet rock from Home Depot, etc.etc. in a car? Also, I think even the most stripped down trucks are light years more comfortable than any car (I grew up driving around in brand new Cadillacs BTW, and still think they cramp my legs up sitting on the ground). Those where my parents, I've never personally owned a car yet and although I'm thinking about buying my first car (I've owned eight F150's in a row) I just don't think I could ever overcome owning a vehicle with zero usability (I see a nice deal on a something that would require a truck to fit I wanna take it home without hassle or being at the mercy of someone else's time and vehicle). I used to drive with my friend from Jersey to Ohio in his car and I would feel like I walked there when I got out of the car. I don't feel the same fatigue after a long drive in the truck... I just like seats that sit up high where your knees are more on a 45 degree angle than stretched out straight. I also like the visibility of a truck sitting higher.

I may not use my truck for actual day-to-day work, but there's plenty of times that I absolutely needed a truck....
  • Bring home brand new washer
  • Bring home brand new dryer
  • Bring home brand new stove
  • Bring home brand new refrigerator
  • Bring home brand new dirt bike
  • Tow home brand new Seadoo and then tow to river and lakes to ride
  • Remodel supplies for home (sheet rock, plywood, carpet, etc..)
  • Bring home various HDTV's from 42" up to 60"
  • Bring loads of junk to the dump
  • Bring home large home theater speakers
  • Well, you get the idea....

I just don't see how people get by with a car? Yes the main day to day use of my truck is as a car but I still would be crippled with a car.
Trucks were invented for badasses such as you so you can haul your various hdtv from 42" up to 60". Especially brand new ones. Good for you for really putting your truck through its paces

Old 04-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by ccstp
Trucks were invented for badasses such as you so you can haul your various hdtv from 42" up to 60". Especially brand new ones. Good for you for really putting your truck through its paces
I too use the truck for whats its built for, the savings alone just having the truck and not paying for delivery fees is probably to hight to count. Plus hunting, towing a boat etc. But if I never hauled more than groceries, owning a truck would have to be thought about. I am a younger guy but practically has come to rule my world over whats cool.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by nards444
I too use the truck for whats its built for, the savings alone just having the truck and not paying for delivery fees is probably to hight to count. Plus hunting, towing a boat etc. But if I never hauled more than groceries, owning a truck would have to be thought about. I am a younger guy but practically has come to rule my world over whats cool.
Unfortunately the value of the dollar has gone down over recent years, so your .02 cents is not worth anything....

Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 01f1502wd
Unfortunately the value of the dollar has gone down over recent years, so your .02 cents is not worth anything....

Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
I want a new truck bad and hope to purchase one next year. I have to admit, I'm seriouly considing a new Ram.
I don't blame you, they look like a solid truck. HOWEVER, I get nervous about all the computer controlled stuff. I like to keep my stuff for a long time. Curious how all the Ram's new gizmos hold up.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
I don't blame you, they look like a solid truck. HOWEVER, I get nervous about all the computer controlled stuff. I like to keep my stuff for a long time. Curious how all the Ram's new gizmos hold up.
You posted this using a computer.
This site resides on another computer.
Yer truck has at least several computers in it.
Yer TV likely has a computer in it.
Yer phone is a computer.
You withdraw funds from an ATM (yep - a computer)
Microwave - yep .... you know, lol ...

Ehhhh... I'd worry about something else, like gettin' laid ... so far, no computer needed fer that,

Wandell - good luck! I think it's very difficult to make a bad choice these days ....

Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM

Idk the shutters on the grille and auto lowering and lifting would freak me out a bit

Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Idk the shutters on the grille and auto lowering and lifting would freak me out a bit

Precisely! (as in .. go git some)

I hear ya - but that stuff isn't really new. Except for Dodge

Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 PM

Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
You guys crack me up.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+

Originally Posted by MGDfan

Precisely! (as in .. go git some)

I hear ya - but that stuff isn't really new. Except for Dodge
See post #24, the Porsche 928 had movable slats for the radiators in 1987.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
If the New York Auto Show was any indication of what people are looking for, the Rams still have a long way to go before they will ever take out Ford. The most popular truck at the show was still the Raptor followed by the Platinum and King Ranch. There was a line of people checking out the Raptor, climbing in and out. Platinum had a steady flow of lookers and as did King Ranch. The new Ram - I was there by myself looking at the 2013 refresh while everybody else was over partying in the Ford booth. The refresh wasn't bad. Was it as good as any of the top Ford truck interiors? I didn't think so. The door handles felt kind of weak. The GM's - nobody was looking at them at all.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Rambo
The GM's - nobody was looking at them at all.
Too be honest, i like the exterior of a GM truck w/ the z71 package BUT the interior is absolute crap. Until GM changes that i don't see them making any head way coming close to the f150.

Dodge over recent years has made HUGE improvements and i will give them credit because it's definitely due. Now it's a wait and see game to see if the quality of product has gone up as well.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ram