2009 - 2014 F-150

Power Folding mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Folding mirror question

About to buy a FX4 off road, loaded. the mirrors are power folding. Does that mean that they are heated too? The sticker does not say. Is there a way to tell?

Thanks

Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 PM
i would say they are. On mine it doesn't say heated on it but were i turn on the rear window defroster the mirrors thawed out. I believe with power fold the only option is heated also.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
The mirrors on my '11 FX4 are heated and power folding.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 PM
One thing that ticks me off about the powerfold is that the truck doesn't automatically park the mirrors out of the way. If you are tall and need to tilt the top of the mirror back (like I do) and you powerfold close it will forcibly pop the mirror out of the way. Stupid design mistake by Ford. I emailed customer service about the design flaw because they could fix that in software and they told me to take it to a dealer. Morons. So the driver 1 button is my seating with the mirrors the way I need them. driver 2 is the same only with the mirrors back to center. The b*tch is that you have to put the truck in park to swap drivers. Beyond that the PF mirrors own.

Quick Reply: Power Folding mirror question