2009 - 2014 F-150

Help me decide on a Regular Cab Short Bed 4x4: F-150 5.0 STX or Ram 1500 Express

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will add to this with some video's "Truth About Trucks"!

Siver Creek road test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJMsC7VsK2w

Frame test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huS-X...feature=relmfu

Coil Spring ???:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxGlJ...feature=relmfu

Front Structure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQET-JW81DE

Old 05-15-2012, 01:47 PM
^ nuff said!!!

Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think I would've done my Flow Through console mod if I had bought a Regular Cab (which is my favorite mod to date lol), and moreso than groceries, my gf likes to go to yard/estate sales, so the extra cab space is greatly appreciated during those times

I can appreciate your preference for a Reg cab, parking is easier and you do not have to cart a bunch of friends around on weekend hangouts. Best to you and your new ride, enjoy

Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by DSGSTX81
I don't think I would've done my Flow Through console mod if I had bought a Regular Cab (which is my favorite mod to date lol), and moreso than groceries, my gf likes to go to yard/estate sales, so the extra cab space is greatly appreciated during those times

I can appreciate your preference for a Reg cab, parking is easier and you do not have to cart a bunch of friends around on weekend hangouts. Best to you and your new ride, enjoy
Thanks. It's nice to have a preference for the cheaper things. Leaves more money for everything else.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ That's the truth. Like gas lol

Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
I wanted a nicely loaded regular cab pickup, ford doesn't make one, and I don't like the dodge transmission. But, I could wait any longer, so I jumped on a nice FX4, loaded Screw. Truck feels big after driving my Jeep rubicon, GTI, and gmc sonoma. I traded in the Jeep, got a decent deal.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by swayse
I wanted a nicely loaded regular cab pickup, ford doesn't make one, and I don't like the dodge transmission. But, I could wait any longer, so I jumped on a nice FX4, loaded Screw. Truck feels big after driving my Jeep rubicon, GTI, and gmc sonoma. I traded in the Jeep, got a decent deal.
Sounds like me. I also had a Jeep Rubicon (2007) and a VW GTI (2011). My other truck was a Toyota Tacoma (1997). I traded in the GTI for the F150, and it was quite a change.

They do make XLT's in regular cab. Seemed pretty nicely loaded to me. But you are right in that some of the options on the longer vehicles just aren't available in a regular cab. Like power seats.

Best thing about the power seats is being able to raise the seat up. As it seems like they give enough headroom for a 7 foot tall basketball player with a 10-gallon cowboy hat in the normal truck. But the seat mounts are all flat. So I raised up the seat by putting spacers underneath and buying longer bolts. M.O.R.E. has aluminum body lift pucks for cheap, sold individually. I bought those, and some longer metric bolts from fastenal and raised my seat up an inch. Now it's perfect.

You can get a sunroof in an S-Cab. I'll miss that option. But it's probably because they couldn't get the roof strength on the smaller truck with a big hole cut into it. And the F150's roof strength in the event of a rollover was one of it's attributes that I liked. So I'll just put up without a sunroof.

Leather is available on the upper models too. Factory leather is mostly vinyl though. So if I was gonna do leather, it's aftermarket all of the way. The Katzskins stuff looks and feels expensive. Not gonna do it on this truck though.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah, we needed electric seats for driver and passenger, so my wife can tilt her seat back. Only way I would do leather is cooled, so we have that. I wanted the navigation and backup camera in the nav screen, and dual zone climate control. Memory seats is a very big plus when there are two drivers, that is something I really missed. Didn't really need the sunroof, but it's kinda cool. I was on the fence with engines, they had an ecoboost, so I bought that. Sad thing is, I think the big truck will hang right there with the GTI in the quarter mile. Big truck moves.

Quick Reply: Help me decide on a Regular Cab Short Bed 4x4: F-150 5.0 STX or Ram 1500 Express