2009 - 2014 F-150

Another Keypad Thread/Question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Keypad Thread/Question!!!

Ok guys i've read every thread on here about adding the oem keypad/handle (not the stick on type) and according to what i've read, some have worked and some haven't, which seems like the earlier year models (ex. 02' - 07') seemed to swap over much easier. I've got a 2012 xlt screw ecoboost, truck came with the card in owners manual that has the "5 digit pin/keypad number". The truck is also wired for the keypad, so I ordered one from my dealer, installed it & plugged it in. It lights up when you open the door, but will not light up when you press any of the keys, won't lock using 7-8 9-0 either. Truck has been hooked up twice by dealer to check the BCM, which doesn't respond. They "claim" they talked to tech guys up at Ford headquarters - and that "it can't be done, period." I know i'm hard-headed, but I'm just not going to let this go so easy. 1) Truck is prewired for it from factory, 2) Truck came w/ keypad entry code, 3) Dealer sells keypad/handle as accessories = but yet the truck/BCM cannot be flashed to accept this and I have to buy a "stick on"??? I'm calling b.s. on this, it just can't be that hard. Somebody tell me i'm not being silly please!!!!

Old 07-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I am in the same boat with my 2011 xlt. I spent an hour with the tech and their tool. He showed me every screen he had for the security and entry setup etc. Apparently Ford really built this accessory into the original order programming. They have access to many things with the service tool, brake controller, speed limit etc, but nothing on the keypad besides code retrieval. On my 01-03 F150's it was simply plug and play...

The only success I have read about was a guy that got a dealer to download a file from the same truck but with keypad and upload that program into his truck. I don't know my local dealer that well though...

Matt, with Tasca said he sells them all day long and has only heard of three dealers that could not activate them.

Last edited by L8 APEX; 07-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Has anyone had any success doing this to the 2012 STX? Mine came with the code card as well.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I went to two local dealers. One said it cant be done. The second said I would need to replace the Smart Module with one enabled for a keypad.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
I went to two local dealers. One said it cant be done. The second said I would need to replace the Smart Module with one enabled for a keypad.
I'd believe the second opinion.

If the Smart Module is installed in the unit, the unit comes with the 'unlock' code and the card with the code printed on it.

OP, I'd try another dealer.

Last edited by High-ster; 07-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by High-ster
I'd believe the second opinion.

If the Smart Module is installed in the unit, the unit comes with the 'unlock' code and the card with the code printed on it.

OP, I'd try another dealer.
That's the the problem w/ my situation, the truck came w/ the Smart Module and also a card with the code on it. I've also double checked the code on the module and its the same as what's on the card. The truck just didn't come w/ the keypad on the door. Its frustrating that they have it set up to where you can't change something as simple as this.

Quick Reply: Another Keypad Thread/Question!!!