2009 - 2014 F-150

Towing Mirrors - Need them for a 24' travel trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for 39 bucks why not just order some of the **** slip-on towing mirrors? Thats what I did.
Amazon Amazon

Much cheaper (and less work) than changing to OE tow mirrors, and they look like they belong on the truck.

Plus $39 is a lot cheaper than the cost to repair whatever you bump cause you can't see your back corners...

Old 07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by mkosu04
for 39 bucks why not just order some of the **** slip-on towing mirrors? Thats what I did.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

Much cheaper (and less work) than changing to OE tow mirrors, and they look like they belong on the truck.

Plus $39 is a lot cheaper than the cost to repair whatever you bump cause you can't see your back corners...
the clamp on mirrors are nice
but they cant be moved by the joy stick can they?
is the clamp ons a convexed mirror?
dose the clamps leave marks on your factory mirrors?
could they come loose and fall off going down the road?
if you hit something on the mirror with them do they brake your stock mirror?
will they get scratched up in storage ?
will they fit under the seats with all the other stuff under there? or keep them some where out of the truck?
i never thought i needed the tow mirrors till i hit Los angles traffic with a 12' junk trailer. right then i said to hell with this! i got tow mirrors and it was the best deal for me!
now thats not to say adding strap ons are not the way to go i just know what worked for me. hope you don't mind me asking all the questions but just wanted to know.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I had them on my F250 and never telescoped them after the first few pulls. I didn't want to live with them daily on my F150. I tow our 26ft camper with no problems.

Quick Reply: Towing Mirrors - Need them for a 24' travel trailer?