2009 - 2014 F-150

Cigarette plug not working, fuse seems ok.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cigarette plug not working, fuse seems ok.

Well my dash cigarette plug stopped working a while back, for some reason the other two still worked, I assumed they were just wired separately and a fuse blew for the dash plug. Today I finally got around to what I though was just replacing the fuse and discovered all three plugs were not working now. Checked the manual and the only spot for the cigarette plug fuse is in the engine, #22, a high voltage fuse I believe they called it. Don't have any of them and it looked like it wasn't blown but I still switched it with the same size 20amp 4x4 module fuse. The plugs still don't work and my 4x4 still engages telling me the fuse wasn't blown.

other suggestions before I take it to the dealer under warranty? I don't use the plug all that much, since I've only put 12k miles on it in two and a half years. I think the last time I used a plug was from the back seat plug with one of those tire inflaters, and it worked fine. Other than that the occasional cell phone charger. I don't have any other issues of electronics not working but are there any other fuses that control the plugs?

Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Suspended
Does your OBDII have power? those 2 items should be run off the same fuse.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM

Yea, my USB is working. But i'm thinking fuse #22 may just be for the actual cigarette plug and not the 12v plugs.

Quick Reply: Cigarette plug not working, fuse seems ok.