2009 - 2014 F-150

About to Buy My 1st New F-150 (STX)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to Buy My 1st New F-150 (STX)

I thought I wanted a 3.7 V6 Scab until I drove one with the 5.0 V8. The truck I'm considering is a STX. I am curious to hear what deals others made on Supercab's with the V8.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 AM
I started to do the same thing. I drove all the trucks in different configurations.But when I drove the 5.0 I knew that was the power plant I wanted. Also I wanted the captains chairs with the center console. One dealer wanted to order me a STX to save me some money because they do look like the FX2. But I believe you can not get the STX with the captains chairs and center console so I went with the FX2.Plus it came with a lot of options,some the dealer had special ordered it. I got $8800 off with x-plan,rebates,trade assit,FMCC 1,000 assit,and offered 1800 less to all that. Truck sticker was 36,360 and I paid 27,500 after negotiations. Then I refinanced for 2.9% like in 3 days. Mine is a 2012 and I bought it in like May I think. Plus this truck is Sterling Gray which was the only color I was willing to buy and wanted. No one else around here had one in stock that color and configuration, everyone was going to have to order it. So I got lucky finding exactly what I wanted. Good luck, the STX is really a nice truck and one good thing is that they come without carpet which is easier to maintain. i just got a set of weather tech floor liners for mine. One thing to consider also is if you have kids with car seats you may want to look at 4 full doors, but for me the super cab is perfect and I don't park up against other vehicles, because you will have to swing the small doors more open to get them in and out of the super cab. I also wanted a full bed and the super cab was a perfect choice for my use.

Last edited by Koolponycar; 07-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM
I didn't know you could get an STX with a 5.0 engine. I haven't been keeping up with all of the latest updated spec's.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:54 PM
SXT comes with 3.7 or 5.0, I dont think you can get the eco-boost in it, but you can in an Xl. Explain that.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I believe it's only available in select XL's, and requires max payload/max tow package.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I do like the "FX" interior better. However, the FX4 is more than I am willing to pay. The one I am getting is also gray. Now they are giving a $500 rebate on 5.0L engines and $750 if you trade in a car 1995 or newer. Once I pick it up I'll post a picture...

Originally Posted by Koolponycar
I started to do the same thing. I drove all the trucks in different configurations.But when I drove the 5.0 I knew that was the power plant I wanted. Also I wanted the captains chairs with the center console. One dealer wanted to order me a STX to save me some money because they do look like the FX2. But I believe you can not get the STX with the captains chairs and center console so I went with the FX2.Plus it came with a lot of options,some the dealer had special ordered it. I got $8800 off with x-plan,rebates,trade assit,FMCC 1,000 assit,and offered 1800 less to all that. Truck sticker was 36,360 and I paid 27,500 after negotiations. Then I refinanced for 2.9% like in 3 days. Mine is a 2012 and I bought it in like May I think. Plus this truck is Sterling Gray which was the only color I was willing to buy and wanted. No one else around here had one in stock that color and configuration, everyone was going to have to order it. So I got lucky finding exactly what I wanted. Good luck, the STX is really a nice truck and one good thing is that they come without carpet which is easier to maintain. i just got a set of weather tech floor liners for mine. One thing to consider also is if you have kids with car seats you may want to look at 4 full doors, but for me the super cab is perfect and I don't park up against other vehicles, because you will have to swing the small doors more open to get them in and out of the super cab. I also wanted a full bed and the super cab was a perfect choice for my use.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 AM
FYI - You can get front bucket seats w/ center console on an STX.

Only in manual though... no power seat option.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by retrogameroom
I do like the "FX" interior better. However, the FX4 is more than I am willing to pay. The one I am getting is also gray. Now they are giving a $500 rebate on 5.0L engines and $750 if you trade in a car 1995 or newer. Once I pick it up I'll post a picture...
I hear you, I paid more than i really wanted too. Mine is a FX2 not a FX4 which cost even more than mine for the 4 wheel drive. I think you are making a good choice and I see that you can get the flow through center console on a stx. I missed that on fords web site, because a salesman told me wrong. Great option. I would do that if you like it. Looking forward to your pics. The gray is a great all around color that you will not get tired of and looks great!
Originally Posted by Scotian Lotion
FYI - You can get front bucket seats w/ center console on an STX.

Only in manual though... no power seat option.
^ Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Any reason for the STX instead of the XLT? I moved up from an XL and love my power locks/windows and a/c.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
Any reason for the STX instead of the XLT? I moved up from an XL and love my power locks/windows and a/c.
I did not want the chrome which is why I went with the STX. Power Locks, Windows and AC are included.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by retrogameroom
I did not want the chrome which is why I went with the STX. Power Locks, Windows and AC are included.

I had the same conflict.

I am waiting on the delivery of my '12 STX (hopefully arrives before mid-August).

The only thing I couldn't get on the STX that I would have liked is the Off Road Package.

I absolutely did not want chrome and the FX4 was higher than what I wanted to pay... I wanted to keep my OTD price under $32K (Canadian Dollars).

I ordered mine as follows:

F150 STX Supercab 4x4 Tuxedo Black
5.0L V8
3.73 Rear End w/ E-Locking Differential
Tow Package (Tranny Cooler & Upgraded Radiator)
Fog Lights
18" Wheels
Manually Adjustable Cloth Front Bucket Seats w/ Center Console
(though I have yet to find a single example online of anyone who bought the STX with front buckets, but it's definitely an option... in Canada anyways)

... and the STX comes standard with Front Tow Hooks (on the 4x4), A/C, Power Windows and Door Locks and Cruise Control.
The '12 STX has the same 18" Wheels as the '11 FX4 came with and the front grill of the current STX was the grill used on the '09-'10 FX4.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kool,

I don't think the Flow Through is an option on the STX--perhaps a XLT center console is available, but no Flow Through on that trim level. I think I'm the only guy on her with an STX and Flow Through shifter lol

Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by DSGSTX81
Kool,

I don't think the Flow Through is an option on the STX--perhaps a XLT center console is available, but no Flow Through on that trim level. I think I'm the only guy on her with an STX and Flow Through shifter lol

Actually, I'm going to take back what I said about the Buckets being available on the STX.

I dug up the 2012 Ordering Guide for US Dealers and the charts say that is is NOT available. So it must just be a Canadian availability on that particular option.

For whatever reason, Canadian STX buyers can't choose the STX Appearance Package, as a package, but the individual options can be spec'd out separately.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Old 07-30-2012, 02:13 AM
That is a good looking truck. I like the graphics. Congrats man!

Quick Reply: About to Buy My 1st New F-150 (STX)