2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 F150 fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 fuel issue

so on the way home yesterday, pull up to an intersection, warning bell goes off then the truck shuts down. I start it up again but then the fuel gauge registers empty and it says I have 14 miles til empty. I stop off and put $25 in although I know I don't need fuel and it continues to go to 0. Anyway, truck is just out of warranty (36,500 miles) and was wondering if anyone else has had an issue. thanks guys and gals, ---Tully

Old 07-29-2012, 04:57 PM
I really wish i could help you but I don't have a fix for your problem. I have experienced this issue a few times in the past although my truck never cut off on me. My problem was when I started the truck, my gauge would read empty and the MTE read 0 but the truck drove fine. I obviously had fuel in the tank, after I would shut it off and restart it the gauge would work properly. I haven't experienced this issue in awhile and I thought it was just a fluke the few times I experienced it. I will say the few times it happened I had a 1/4 tank or less of fuel. Ill keep an eye on this thread as to what fixes your problem. My warranty is out in October and id like to fix anything that could possibly going out

Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Talking

Theres a tsb for reprogramming IC. I did it to my truck and a friend of mine. My truck would have over half tank and it would randomly drop to under quarter tank.My DTE would also take a dip. especially when parked on graded drive way.

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 fuel issue