2009 - 2014 F-150

Shorter antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tko_818
My door lock remote broke off, so i threw it in the cup holder and managed ro also lock the keys in there.. but if u have a friend, one person can pry open the top of the door just enough to slide the antennae through and hit the door locks! It looked shady, and people gave me a few looks, but it worked!
Ok, McGuyver...how long did this trial and error process take?? Just. Heck we may wanna keep our 5 ft long stockers on our trucks just in case lol.
I ordered a stubby on eBay today for like $12 shipped. Looks decent, but you know how that goes with ebay

Old 08-05-2012, 02:39 PM
^ yep, way too much work for a silly antenna. With 5 clicks and a little typing I had one at my door 3 days later. I'm still a little fatigued, but I think I'll make it through

Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by slorider
Ok, McGuyver...how long did this trial and error process take?? Just. Heck we may wanna keep our 5 ft long stockers on our trucks just in case lol.
I ordered a stubby on eBay today for like $12 shipped. Looks decent, but you know how that goes with ebay
I've broke into, er I mean got into many cars and trucks that way. If you can get your fingers into the door sill, you can usually pull pack the door or window enough to shove something down the door and pop the lock. Never thought about using the antenna though, that's a pretty good one.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I decided since the AutoZone replacement was working out that I'd try to modify the stock one just for giggles. I can't believe how crazy-easy it was to modify.

Used a pair of plyers to yank off the ball. Grabbed a dremmel and cut off 4 inches. Put a drop of super glue on the end and pushed the ball back on. Then I dashed a touch of plasti-dip on the finished product to get rid of the little mark I made with my plyers.

Crazy easy. Going to take the AutoZone antenna back unless someone in DFW wants to come get it.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I received my stubby antenna today from Craven Speed. It took about 30 seconds to swap and looks much better.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by slorider
15 minutes! cheaper and faster than waiting for AAA!

Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
How did you get the ball back on? What is it held on with? I want to cut mine but I think it will look stupid without the ball
I just tapered the end of the freshly cut antenna on my bench grinder so I could get the ball started. Once started, I just firmly tapped it upside down on a 2x4 sitting on the floor. That's it, no glue, no solder, no torches, just a few good taps. If you wanted to add a few good whacks with a hammer i suppose it couldn't hurt. Mine has been on there for over two years now.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Been a lot better if I had read the thread before typing that out... looks like canadian beat me to it!

Like him, I had ZERO problems with mine for years... and will probably do it to my 12' this weekend as I barely hit the garage pulling in now...

Quick Reply: Shorter antenna?