2009 - 2014 F-150

How much off MSRP did you get and how?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking at a 2013 Lariat, I wonder when we will see 11K+ off MSRP.

Dealers near me are already hitting 8-9k advertised off MSRP. I'm sure there is still some wiggle room there.

5.0 V8 has 1,500 in incentives where I live. XLT has 4k on the hood if you finance through Ford Motor Credit and there is an additional $1,000 if you trade in. For a total of 6,500 in incentives from Ford on a 5.0 V8.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Just waiting to pick up a 2013 Lariat SCREW 4x4 145" with the EB / Max Tow Package, 502A Luxury (HID, Nav, moonroof, heated seats, blablabla...), chrome package (not a huge fan of the rims, but it came with it), for $47,500 before tax (IN CANADA)! MSRP was $59,2xx
Based on what the dealer showed me that's about $4k below X-plan pricing.

I was shopping to import one from the US at the same time, and the best the guy could do was $48k for a 5.0 (add $2k for EB + Tow Package).

Maybe not the deal of the century, but i'm happy with the price... cant wait to pick up the truck on Saturday !

Last edited by pat_08GT_Spyder; 01-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 AM
I just bought my 2013 FX2 Ecoboost last week. The sticker (MSRP) was around $48,500. I think my truck has nearly every option possible, with the exception of the bed extender and step up. Navigation and sony sound system, heated/cooled seats, moonroof, power-fold mirrors, etc....After rebates and incentives the sale price was $38,500. Got another $6500 knocked off for my trade, a 2004 XL F-150 which had over 110k miles....and it was missing 4th gear (dealership never took it for a test drive) LOL.

All in all I think I got a pretty good deal with very little hassle, and it only took my about 60 minutes to pick out the truck and get the paperwork signed

Now the mods begin!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by cthibeau
I just bought my 2013 FX2 Ecoboost last week. The sticker (MSRP) was around $48,500. I think my truck has nearly every option possible, with the exception of the bed extender and step up. Navigation and sony sound system, heated/cooled seats, moonroof, power-fold mirrors, etc....After rebates and incentives the sale price was $38,500.
10k off

I'm still looking at 2013 Lariats/FX4 if you get the 5.0 V8 I think you can get 10k off right now. There are a few Ford dealers near me and one has 4+ Lariats/FX4s marked ~9000 off on their website. With a little bit more negotiation I'm sure they would hit 10k.

I was thinking about waiting until model year end for the best deal, but if you can get 10k off a 2013 in January how much better is it going to get?

The incentives are less on the Ecoboost, but I see similar Ecoboost/V8 pickups with similar advertised discounts on the dealer websites. I'm wondering if they would go up to 10k on Ecoboosts as well.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM
10k off

I'm still looking at 2013 Lariats/FX4 if you get the 5.0 V8 I think you can get 10k off right now. There are a few Ford dealers near me and one has 4+ Lariats/FX4s marked ~9000 off on their website. With a little bit more negotiation I'm sure they would hit 10k.

I was thinking about waiting until model year end for the best deal, but if you can get 10k off a 2013 in January how much better is it going to get?

The incentives are less on the Ecoboost, but I see similar Ecoboost/V8 pickups with similar advertised discounts on the dealer websites. I'm wondering if they would go up to 10k on Ecoboosts as well.
In this economy, I think the name of the game for these car dealerships is to move as many vehicles as possible. The two dealerships in my area didn't even have 2012's on their lot. I told my salesperson that their online advertised price for the truck I wanted was $39,500 and if they could knock of an additional $1k then we could probably work out a deal. They didn't really put up a fight, which isn't all that surprising. Let's be realistic, the MSRP on these trucks is a bit excessive. It certainly gives the dealerships the latitude to drop the sale price quite a bit.

But if you really want an ecoboost, I'd recommend you go in to your dealer and tell them you're willing to pay $XX for the truck you want and see what they say. It's not going to hurt for you to give them your number and see if they can hit it.

Personally, I love my ecoboost and wouldn't think twice about getting one again. I took it for a 4 hour trip from Tampa to Tallahassee the day after I got it, and the truck is awesome. I did test drive the 5.0 and it is certainly a great truck, and you can't go wrong with a 5.0, but the ecoboost is sweet. The only thing I miss is the sound of my old V8 with flowmaster exhuast.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Crossroads Ford in Cary NC is now advertising $11K off sticker on '13 XLT's and Lariats. Never have dealt with these guys but they do advertise the best prices in my neck of the woods.

Last edited by vroten; 01-17-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
$47,000 sticker, purchase price of $36,000. November 2011, 2011 MY vehicle.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM
When you guys are talking x amount off of MSRP, are you including the D/D and processing charges in that? That's another $1000 for D/D and $500 for processing that dealers I'm looking at want to tack back onto the price.

I'm trying to find a dealer to work a deal with on a new F150, and they all keep trying to play games with the pricing. I was looking at a couple that had fairly good prices on their websites, and trying to figure out exactly which rebates/incentives they include in those prices. One told me first that their price included $3k in incentives, and I said great, I know I qualify for another $1k incentive and they confirmed that. So I asked for a complete price quote and they came back with the exact same price that was listed on the website (with $3k incentives). The other really wouldn't say anything other than "the web price includes any and all incentives you qualify for", so basically, even though I qualify for more they won't give me the incentives.

I have a $750 private cash coupon that gets me close on the pricing, but not quite there. If I got to 10k off MSRP on an FX4, plus taxes and registration, I'd be on it. But none are there yet due to them adding back in $1500 in fees or not allowing me to get the benefit of incentives beyond what their online price includes.

The best deal I'm looking at right now comes to about $8500 below MSRP on an FX4, plus taxes and reg. Thoughts? Maybe I need to just drive to one of these dealers (I have none locally that have any stock whatsoever) and tell them what I'm willing to pay.

Last edited by GaryK; 01-21-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by GaryK
When you guys are talking x amount off of MSRP, are you including the D/D and processing charges in that? That's another $1000 for D/D and $500 for processing that dealers I'm looking at want to tack back onto the price.
Incentives are regional, that could play a role.

All the prices around here for FX4/Lariat are ~9k+ off MSRP (including destination) The only thing extra you have to pay are sales tax and dealer fee plus whatever else locality charges. I have seen 2013 XLT's hit 10-11k off already in my local area. These are for the 5.0 only, Ecoboosts have less incentives and are not marked down as much. Maybe you could negotiate down, I dont know. Here are two examples local to me. There are probably 20+ FX4/Lariats marked ~9k off. I consider this a starting point to negotiations and would expect at least another 1k off + more if you have private cash offers, etc.

FX4 Ecoboost $8470 off MSRP

Lariat 5.0 $8975 off MSRP

Last edited by astraelraen; 01-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks astraelraen. I'm looking strictly at the 5.0L trucks as they cost less and also have an additional incentive. I do understand that the incentives are regional, and I happen to qualify for more than what the dealers I mentioned are showing. I asked if the incentives are indeed based on where I live and not where they are, and they said they should be based on where I live. So it's kind of frustrating when they're listing prices based on less incentives, verify that I qualify for more, and then quote the exact same price.

The D/D charge I believe is always the same, so $995 in the case of F150's. Processing fees would obviously be dealer and state dependent. In my case, the dealers are all charging about $500 for their processing fees.

FWIW, I qualify for $4k in incentives, plus my $750 private cash coupon.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Crossroads is now advertising $12K off. Again I am not sure about hidden fees as I have no personal experience with them..... yet. I am definitely going to check with them on my next new truck.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Got home from the stealership. Sticker price of the truck is 51,000. 2013 FX4 Max tow package, navi, moon roof, heated/ac seats, the works. Its a super crew, short bed. Out the door at 43,300. I got 20% tinted windows along with the spray in bed liner.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE=tamohawk;4894305]157 WB, 4x4, 5.0 V8, 3.55 Elec Locking Diff, Black Interior, Blue Jean Metallic paint.
It is loaded. Luxury Package, Chrome Package, Monochrome Package. You have to get all 3 to get single color. Adds Nav, towing and tailgate step. Also got the Box Side Steps.

wow, very similar to the truck i ordered on march 19th! how is it so far? my eta is the 25th, grrrr!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I've been watching this thread and no activity for awhile. I was trying to wait until 2014's came out, but couldn't because someone rear-ended me which pushed me to buy a truck now. I got the X-plan PIN awhile back from EAA. I used it to help with the deal. Where the X-Plan REALLY helps is with the dealer fees. All I was charged for the Dealer (BS) fee was a flat $75. (FYI, I am in Northeast Florida... and called Cross Road Ford and a few others that had thousands more off their vehicles than locally. ALL of the dealerships said they HAD to sell their trucks at what MY market charged. They use your actual address. The ONLY way I could buy their vehicles 'out of my local market price' was if I actually had a new address.) So, yesterday, I bought a F-150 White Platinum, Platinum (so it's pretty loaded). I drove several models. I truly could not justify the V6 upcharge, so I went V8 (skipped the Eco-Boost and moonroof). It has trailer towing gizmos, spray in bed-liner, wheel well covers, mud-flaps, rubber mats, tail-gate step, bed extender, Sony/Nav, etc.... MSRP was $49,700. Local market discounts dropped price $3900, then rebates of $5,750. (I also had been sent $750 Dealer Cash from Ford AND there's a military rebate of $750, but the local Dealer said I could not use BOTH dealer cash AND Military rebate. Feel a bit gypped especially since the 2014's are almost here.) So, that brought the truck to $40,050. I also bought the 72 month, extended warranty for $2100. Truck price before T,T,T dealer fee and trade in is now: $42150. (I had a trade in that had a set of Dual Invision DVD's, that I'm transferring to the truck, so I took those out of my Mercedes.) Dealer gave me $21,000 for my trade, leaving me to pay $21,150.00, (which included D/D charge). Add in 6% tax, less than $20 for BS state tire/battery fee, $75 dealer fee, tag/title transfer fee. In the rebates above, included the $1,000 Ford additional trade in money and $1000 for financing with Ford. I have excellent credit, so the balance I financed. By purchasing the Extended 100K bumper to bumper warranty for up to 72 months, they dropped the interest rate another point. I financed for 60 mos @ 2.9%. I will pay this off early, but put this in here so you know that you cannot get the $1000 rebate AND 0% interest. I ALWAYS take the money. You never know if you will be in a wreck or have a vehicle 'loss'. 0% rebate won't help you if your vehicle is totaled. Also, I have a $2,300 check from the insurance company that was made out to me for my damaged vehicle that I get to keep. They gave me $21000 for my 6 year old Diesel R-Class and it needed repairs from my rear-ended accident, new tires, and soon to be due for an oil change and 60,000 mile service! That alone would have put me nearly $5K under! I had an extended warranty on that Mercedes and used in MANY, MANY TIMES. I wouldn't consider NOT buying an extended on these new cars with all of these power features and computers in these cars. It can cost thousands fixing them. Been there, done that. Mercedes did one thing: trained me well on car maintenance and the benefits of vehicle warranties. I've never worried with Toyota, Lexus, or Honda. I've never had a Ford... But I'll tell you, I was so impressed with this truck! Love the deployable running boards and tail-gate step. I'm a woman and no spring chicken. (I have other vehicles to drive, too.)... But was willing to trade to this Platinum. I am going to be looking out for the best deal on a PowertraxPro cover. If you know of a *dealer* with the best price, please let me know. Here's a link: http://www.retrax.com/products/powertraxpro/

Last edited by Heris; 07-06-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:37 PM
@Heris - Congrats on the new rig!!!!! I hope you enjoy it! Not surprised your MB trained you well on quality issues. I have had several friends with MB's and all have had expensive problems. Neighbor of mine had a CLS 550 AMG Diamond White and that thing had issue after issue. He is now driving a '12 Escalade. Buddy of mine's brother works as an MB mechanic and he is very critical of the current generation MB's and their problems.

Goodluck with your new toy!

Enjoy your PLAT!

Quick Reply: How much off MSRP did you get and how?