2009 - 2014 F-150

Lowering Help North Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, just the info I needed, I took a few measurements and found that my pinion was faceing up 3 degrees over the driveshaft ( causing both driveshaft to be out of phase) by the looks of it that was the only thing that was out. I will try using some washers to get it within spec. and see how it does. But I have a feeling I will be calling you for the carrier kit. One last thing, will I need to run a axle shim even with the carrier kit?

And thanks to all for your input I really appreciate it I love the ground force kit it rides awsome even with the stocks shocks

Originally Posted by Elerb
Hi AZPAT,

This what Deric from Ground Force sent me. No part numbers. They don't list these parts seperately. Just call him then tell him what you need.

The leaf springs we can do $539 for the pair

The Carrier bearing relocation kit would be $75

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Deric Dupey
Ground Force Marketing
714 Braddock View Drive
Mt Braddock PA 15465

P: 724 430 2068
F: 724 430 2075
ddupey@groundforce.com
www.groundforce.com

Last edited by RED-ROCKET; 09-06-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes its the 2pc one, I think I have no chioce I have to do the CB kit. I tryd for about an hour shiming it today, the angle of the pinion and front shaft arent in the same plane no other way but lifting the CB. Did you guys ahve to shim the trans mount also? it would seem you would have to to get the trans agnle and front shaft angle correct.

Originally Posted by Patman
Red-Rocket, do you have a 1pc or 2pc driveshaft?

The new carrier bearing kit isnt very hard to install compared to the older version. The part you cut off could easily be welded back on later if needed

Old 09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
The GF kit I just did on Ed's truck came with trans shim, CB bracket relocator, and axle shims

Old 09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Patman is correct! Everything is in the kit to eliminate that annoying vibration!!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok just wasnt sure what came with the CB kit since i already have the rear leafs. I will just givem a call to see whats in the kit. Thanks again
Patman is correct! Everything is in the kit to eliminate that annoying vibration!!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:31 AM
You know what guys,
Would it possible to get the heigth on the new CB installed and maybe the thickness of the trans mount spacer.
I am going to have my brother in-law cut and reweld the CB (he welds for a living)just need to know how much to take off.
I talked to him about this and he says is should a very easy task with the measurements.
I would be able to post up pics of before and after so if someone else wants to do this so they can see how it comes out.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Global Moderator &

I have a few pics I took, maybe I can get them posted this weekend.

CB gets bolted to bottom of crossmember with a small plate, maybe 1/16" and trans spacer is approx 1/8"

Old 09-07-2012, 10:23 AM
So the CB mount lifts up about 1/16" with the new one bolted on?
I figure cutting it off with a 1/16" blade and then rewelding it should get the same result as bolting in a new CB mount.
And making a trans spacer thats an 1/8" should be very easy.

Originally Posted by Patman
I have a few pics I took, maybe I can get them posted this weekend.

CB gets bolted to bottom of crossmember with a small plate, maybe 1/16" and trans spacer is approx 1/8"

Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM
It will not be the same!! The mounting bracket for the CB is angled and mounts directly to the crossmember. Your going to do all this work on
"what if" this works or "I should" be able to recreate the Samething that GF has already engineered and is proven to work. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. With a S10 and again with my F150! Spend the $85 get the relocation kit from GF and do it right the first time!! Don't know if you know this but GF does all the suspension work for Ford Racing! It's worth $85 to have your new truck done right, correct???

Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
It will not be the same!! The mounting bracket for the CB is angled and mounts directly to the crossmember. Your going to do all this work on
"what if" this works or "I should" be able to recreate the Samething that GF has already engineered and is proven to work. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. With a S10 and again with my F150! Spend the $85 get the relocation kit from GF and do it right the first time!! Don't know if you know this but GF does all the suspension work for Ford Racing! It's worth $85 to have your new truck done right, correct???
You know what your right. Im calling then right now.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Done ordered

Old 09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Great!! You will not regret it once it's on!! There are detailed instructions that come with it. Sorry for the rant earlier but didn't want you to make the same mistakes I made.

Ed

Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Great!! You will not regret it once it's on!! There are detailed instructions that come with it. Sorry for the rant earlier but didn't want you to make the same mistakes I made.

Ed
Its all good. Glad you did gave me that push in the right direction. I will take some pics of the progress and postm up.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by RED-ROCKET
So the CB mount lifts up about 1/16" with the new one bolted on?
I figure cutting it off with a 1/16" blade and then rewelding it should get the same result as bolting in a new CB mount.
And making a trans spacer thats an 1/8" should be very easy.
No you cut the bracket, move it up like 2" then bring it down 1/16"

Old 09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey Pat do you still have those pics of Elerb's truck I had the same kit installed but mine supposedly came with the carrier relocation and shims with the full kit just wanted to know what it looked like I took my truck to a company that handles mostly lifted trucks and I have a vibration after install and want to see if they installed it correctly on my truck.

Quick Reply: Lowering Help North Texas