2009 - 2014 F-150

Lowering Help North Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering Help North Texas

Hi All,

3 months ago I purchased a 2012 F150, Scab, 2wd, 5.0. I had a shop in the North TX area put on my DJM flip kit and lower control arms. They did a good job but they are not familiar with working on Lowered trucks. Now that I need the pinion angle double checked and the Ground Force Carrier Bearing relocation kit installed they don't want to install it. I have a shudder that I'm trying to eliminate. Is there a shop in the North Dallas area (Plano, Carrollton, etc) that specializes in or has experience with lowered trucks???

BTW: I've only been here two years. I don't where the good spots are yet.

Thanks in Advance!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Since you have a warranteed 2012 I would recommend having the Dealer give you a price. That way you keep the warranty no questions asked.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 AM
So your saying that a dealer will Cut off the factory Carrier Bearing Bracket and put on the Ground Force CB relocation kit!! What dealer will do that??

Old 08-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Suspended
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What does it hurt to stop and ask the Maintenance Sup if he wants to. I've seen em cut up a truck perty good to instal stuff. If they want to do it that is.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
so you have a two piece drive shaft for sure?

Ive done a hand full of newer trucks, and am DFW based, shoot me a PM

Old 08-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Yes, two piece.......I'll message you sometime today

Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Patman has a lot of experience and can give you good help and advice.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Patman,

I sent you a PM...

Thanks,
Ed

Old 09-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Elerb
Hi All,

3 months ago I purchased a 2012 F150, Scab, 2wd, 5.0. I had a shop in the North TX area put on my DJM flip kit and lower control arms. They did a good job but they are not familiar with working on Lowered trucks. Now that I need the pinion angle double checked and the Ground Force Carrier Bearing relocation kit installed they don't want to install it. I have a shudder that I'm trying to eliminate. Is there a shop in the North Dallas area (Plano, Carrollton, etc) that specializes in or has experience with lowered trucks???

BTW: I've only been here two years. I don't where the good spots are yet.

Thanks in Advance!
Did you ever get your issue resolved? I have the same issue as you stated, Had the ground force kit installed (myself) but if did not have the bearing kit or bracket. Does anyone know if I would be able install axle shims to fix the vibration issue? The diff. is facing up 3 degrees. Im think of useing some large washers just to see at what point the vibration goes away then I could figure out what degree shim is needed. Is this a wise direction to take or should I just call ground force and buy the bracket? Really didnt want to cut any part of my frame. Maybe I might have to buy a rear DJM kit

Old 09-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Red-Rocket, do you have a 1pc or 2pc driveshaft?

The new carrier bearing kit isnt very hard to install compared to the older version. The part you cut off could easily be welded back on later if needed

Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi Red-rocket.

If you already have the ground force lowering spring in the rear of the truck. You def need the Carrier Bearing relocation from GroundForce. I had the same issue. The CB relocation will eliminate the vibration regardless of what your using to lower the back. My vibration is completely gone after installing the CB relocation kit and shims.

My story: I started with the DJM flip kit. I have the kit to lower the back 4" (with hangers) and 5" with shackles. I personally didn't like the flip kit on my truck. But there are a lot of trucks using them with out issue. The reason I initially went with the flip kit was money. It was a lot cheaper then the the GF springs. Once the flip kit was installed I had the vibration at take off and also had wheel hop if I punched it from a dead stop. Not being satisfied with this issue on my brand new truck. I made some calls. DJM, GF and Tony (TBSS forum). They all agreed that the rear end has to be -2º.. One good thing about the flip kit it's adjustable, one bad things about the flip kit, It's adjustable. So, I did the adjustment. Still had the vibration. I finally called GF and spoke with Deric multiple times. Purchased the springs and CB relocation kit. I now have the GF springs, GF Carrier Bearing relocation kit and DJM Calmax shocks on the rear. Patman and I just installed the GF springs and CB relocation kit yesterday. All the vibration I was experiencing is GONE..........

Ground Force supplies the suspension components for Ford Racing. So, Deric pretty much guaranteed me that once the springs and CB relocation kit was installed that all vibration would be gone. Deric at GF also told me that all the new F150's will need a CB relocation kit if you want to lower the rear of 3"-5".

I had the same concerns about cutting the bracket off my new truck. The options are stock height or 2" shackles in the read with stock ride height in the front. I couldn't ride stock height and the 2" shackles were not low enough for me. I had to cut the bracket. I'm glad I did. I have the look I want without vibrations. Contact Patman to if you need help installing the CB relocation kit. He's really good.

Good Luck,
Ed

Old 09-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Elerb
Hi Red-rocket.

If you already have the ground force lowering spring in the rear of the truck. You def need the Carrier Bearing relocation from GroundForce. I had the same issue. The CB relocation will eliminate the vibration regardless of what your using to lower the back. My vibration is completely gone after installing the CB relocation kit and shims.

My story: I started with the DJM flip kit. I have the kit to lower the back 4" (with hangers) and 5" with shackles. I personally didn't like the flip kit on my truck. But there are a lot of trucks using them with out issue. The reason I initially went with the flip kit was money. It was a lot cheaper then the the GF springs. Once the flip kit was installed I had the vibration at take off and also had wheel hop if I punched it from a dead stop. Not being satisfied with this issue on my brand new truck. I made some calls. DJM, GF and Tony (TBSS forum). They all agreed that the rear end has to be -2º.. One good thing about the flip kit it's adjustable, one bad things about the flip kit, It's adjustable. So, I did the adjustment. Still had the vibration. I finally called GF and spoke with Deric multiple times. Purchased the springs and CB relocation kit. I now have the GF springs, GF Carrier Bearing relocation kit and DJM Calmax shocks on the rear. Patman and I just installed the GF springs and CB relocation kit yesterday. All the vibration I was experiencing is GONE..........

Ground Force supplies the suspension components for Ford Racing. So, Deric pretty much guaranteed me that once the springs and CB relocation kit was installed that all vibration would be gone. Deric at GF also told me that all the new F150's will need a CB relocation kit if you want to lower the rear of 3"-5".

I had the same concerns about cutting the bracket off my new truck. The options are stock height or 2" shackles in the read with stock ride height in the front. I couldn't ride stock height and the 2" shackles were not low enough for me. I had to cut the bracket. I'm glad I did. I have the look I want without vibrations. Contact Patman to if you need help installing the CB relocation kit. He's really good.

Good Luck,
Ed
Great info here. Can you provide part numbers and cost for the rear leafs and bearing relocation kit? I looked at GF's site but it does not list them. I don't want to go as low as a flip kit provides so 3.5" springs sound perfect. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Patman and I did the CB relocation bracket on my truck way back when, not all that hard to do really. GF 2/4 drop, no vibes at all, ever.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi AZPAT,

This what Deric from Ground Force sent me. No part numbers. They don't list these parts seperately. Just call him then tell him what you need.

The leaf springs we can do $539 for the pair

The Carrier bearing relocation kit would be $75

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Deric Dupey
Ground Force Marketing
714 Braddock View Drive
Mt Braddock PA 15465

P: 724 430 2068
F: 724 430 2075
ddupey@groundforce.com
www.groundforce.com

Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I have purchased Belltech drop shocks for the front and was wondering how to lower the back a bit more than shackles provide. Some have said to remove a leaf but with there only being two I was hesitant to do that. I like the idea of the belltechs as they reuse the stock coil so the ride should still be good. I am going to 20" Lariat wheels that I had chromed with 265-50/20 tires which are about the same diameter as the stock wheels/tires on my truck now. I'll post up pics when I get done.

Quick Reply: Lowering Help North Texas