Minor Rant: Finish the job Ford

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=aussiekeeper;4879499]
Originally Posted by logical
No, I have the truck engine.

So, you do have the EgoBoost...........
You spelled it wrong. It's AwesomeBoost.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordGunsMerica
Ford will smarten up and make the 100k warranty standard.....when they do I'll go in and trade my 05 for a new one. I do believe they are the last without a 100k warranty.
Not going to happen unless a sales slump prods them into it. Why offer more warranty coverage for nothing?

Old 08-05-2012, 07:18 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Like the 5.0 is a truck engine? It's a Mustang engine - just like the EB is a Taurus engine.........

The only TRUCK engine in the F-150 is the 6.2.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Like the 5.0 is a truck engine? It's a Mustang engine - just like the EB is a Taurus engine.........

The only TRUCK engine in the F-150 is the 6.2.
Maybe if you still believe in the bigger is better myth. But I'll still take the flatter torque curve of the Ecoboost anyday. It's hard to beat reaching peak torque around 2k rpms and staying there.

Name:  Ecoboostvs62vs50-HP-Torque.png
Views: 30
Size:  79.1 KB

Last edited by NASSTY; 08-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
glc
I'm trying to make 2 points:

1. The 5.0 is no more a truck engine than the EB, they were both first built for cars.

2. Ford does not put the 6.2 into any cars.

The 4.6 was a car engine. The 5.4 was a truck engine that happened to find its way into a few cars. The 4.2 V6 was a truck engine. The 3.7 V6 is a car engine.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by glc

1. The 5.0 is no more a truck engine than the EB, they were both first built for cars.

The 4.6 was a car engine. The 5.4 was a truck engine that happened to find its way into a few cars. The 4.2 V6 was a truck engine. The 3.7 V6 is a car engine.
It was a damn joke ladies....why does every thread have to be about the ecoboost? There is no need to bring out dyno charts and graphs...I don't care. I fully understand the differances between the various engine options. I fully understand the ecoboost will tow more. everyone should get whatever engine suits them. Whay would someone who doesn't tow care about an engine option that boosts towing capacity?

Sorry to single you out...it wasn't just you...but this kind of vapid response to a joke about an engine is idiotic.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by glc

If you think Ford builds the engines for the cars and they just happen to show up in trucks, you haven't a clue.

It just so happened the engines showed up in cars first, but Ford builds engines for vehicles, and adapts them as necessary to fit a car (higher HP) or truck (higher low-end torque, more robust).

The 6.2 isn't in any cars because no cars need it, and it's too heavy for the cars that Ford has. It's an iron block engine where the others are Aluminum.

All engines in the F150 are damn-fine engines!

Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
If you think Ford builds the engines for the cars and they just happen to show up in trucks, you haven't a clue.

It just so happened the engines showed up in cars first, but Ford builds engines for vehicles, and adapts them as necessary to fit a car (higher HP) or truck (higher low-end torque, more robust).

The 6.2 isn't in any cars because no cars need it, and it's too heavy for the cars that Ford has. It's an iron block engine where the others are Aluminum.

Except the N/A 3.7. It's Like opra, nobody likes it, or cares to talk about it.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 AM
glc
Hey, don't slam me. I was responding to a post that essentially said that the 5.0 is a truck engine and the EB isn't. I have more of a clue than you are giving me credit for, I wasn't born yesterday.

Except the N/A 3.7. It's Like opra, nobody likes it, or cares to talk about it.
Now that's just ignorant. The 3.7 has more power than your precious 4.6.

Last edited by glc; 08-06-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was a damn joke ladies....why does every thread have to be about the ecoboost? There is no need to bring out dyno charts and graphs...I don't care. I fully understand the differances between the various engine options. I fully understand the ecoboost will tow more. everyone should get whatever engine suits them. Whay would someone who doesn't tow care about an engine option that boosts towing capacity?

Sorry to single you out...it wasn't just you...but this kind of vapid response to a joke about an engine is idiotic.
I guess not everybody understands your sense of humor.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:53 AM
I would trade it in !!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 AM
can't we all just get along. i need a hug now

Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Hey, don't slam me. I was responding to a post that essentially said that the 5.0 is a truck engine and the EB isn't. I have more of a clue than you are giving me credit for, I wasn't born yesterday.
I understand what you were saying, and I wasn't slamming anyone, just made a general statement (probably just a coincidence that your post was quoted). But, I stand by what I said, and if you DON'T think that Ford builds the engines for the cars and they just happen to show up in trucks, then you are safe.

Originally Posted by glc
Now that's just ignorant. The 3.7 has more power than your precious 4.6.
Agreed! The 3.7 is one heck of an engine! It's got almost as much "*****" as the GM 5.3 V8!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 AM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

It was a damn joke ladies....
I got the joking nature of the 'truck engine' comment. Then again, I'm quite twisted, so maybe that particular joke just isn't for everybody?

why does every thread have to be about the ecoboost?
Ain't that the dern truth?

Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Absolutely!

What's nice about the current engine lineup is that each engine serves the purposes of different folks. I don't need a power plant that is capable of towing a small town. Actually, I think it'd be interesting to see how many of the current EB owners actually do use theirs trucks for heavy towing.

But no matter, a man (or, if she's extra cool, a woman) buys the truck he/she wants because it has the features he/she needs or even just happens to like. Lucky for us Ford fellers, there's really not a bad apple in the bunch!

Go 'Merica!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by DewserB
I got the joking nature of the 'truck engine' comment. Then again, I'm quite twisted, so maybe that particular joke just isn't for everybody?
Same here...I thought it was a nice jab!

What's nice about the current engine lineup is that each engine serves the purposes of different folks.
Precisely!

Actually, I think it'd be interesting to see how many of the current EB owners actually do use theirs trucks for heavy towing.
Not to turn up the EB debate, but the point of the EB is that it is perfectly capable of towing heavy, but it is also rated higher on the MPG scale, so, in theory, it's the best of both worlds!

But no matter, a man (or, if she's extra cool, a woman) buys the truck he/she wants because it has the features he/she needs or even just happens to like. Lucky for us Ford fellers, there's really not a bad apple in the bunch!

Go 'Merica!
Amen!

Quick Reply: Minor Rant: Finish the job Ford