2009 - 2014 F-150

Stupid Question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid Question....

Why did Ford put the blind spot mirror on the driver's side only? Is there an OEM version for the Passenger side as well?

Old 08-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by jdog0411
Why did Ford put the blind spot mirror on the driver's side only? Is there an OEM version for the Passenger side as well?
Driverside blindspot is historically the most difficult spot to see on any vehicle. You can aim your pass side mirror to completely eliminate that one, but the driverside is much more difficult. Plus to check them, you have to turn abou 120 degrees for the passenger, but like 170 degrees to safely check the drivers side blindspot. It makes sense if you think about it. But yes, you can get stickon convex mirrors if you must.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Really, years ago on factory small mirrors the only one they may have gotten the additional "blind spot" add on was the passenger mirror? This just doesn't make any sense to me. But with the tow mirrors on my '08 I've relized that I can see a vehicle out the drivers or passenger window long before they dissapear from the wide angle lower mirror. Never have to worry about a blind spot now, but Ford put far too much space between the 2 mirrors for my liking. Dodge did a better job in this department, but the dodge model does vibrate/shake a little where the ford does not even in extended mode. ...and yes, I do relize I may have trailed off into another subject a little, just love to add as much info I can.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good question my wifes 2013 mustang has them on both sides
wish my truck did and it cost twice as much ... kinda strange

Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Passenger side is curved, so it shows much more, but also gives some distortion. Drivers side main mirror is flat so you do not get any distortion. That's why the blind spot mirror on drivers side, as it does not cover near as much. I believe, not sure, that the curved passenger side mirror is mandated by the feds.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I picked up a stick on for 3 bucks - this guy was riding with me thought they were stock I laughed at him. I guess I am too lazy to turn my head but I will never be without them. Its the little things in life.

FB

Quick Reply: Stupid Question....