2009 - 2014 F-150

Best Ford ESP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So do dealers make money when they sell ESP? If the dealer near my house will beat online prices then I will purchase through them.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by bansheerider
So do dealers make money when they sell ESP? If the dealer near my house will beat online prices then I will purchase through them.
Yep, some double the price. Even my dealer who gives me trucks at triple net cost, holdback etc told me to buy online.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
On all the vehicles I've purchased I've only had to use the extended warranty once and on the only car I got the warranty on at that. So it paid off once and the others it paid off not to get it.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:00 AM
I don't believe in extended warranties. Just about every consumer advocate advises against them. I find it disturbing that the auto industry spends so much money advertising and pushing these extended warranties down our throats, while at the same time telling us how reliable and high quality their products are. They obviously make a good profit on the extended warranties.

IMHO, a vehicle that requires an extended warranty, is NOT one worth owning.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 AM
When i purchased my 2012 my local dealer said they could not touch Flood Fords price, it was under their cost.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by thiggins
I don't believe in extended warranties. Just about every consumer advocate advises against them. I find it disturbing that the auto industry spends so much money advertising and pushing these extended warranties down our throats, while at the same time telling us how reliable and high quality their products are. They obviously make a good profit on the extended warranties.

IMHO, a vehicle that requires an extended warranty, is NOT one worth owning.
You must not own a Ford then haha. If you do then don't be such a fan boy I have owned nothing but Fords my whole life and I've had my fair share of issues. Having a couple issues with a vehicle doesn't mean that it's a piece of crap. Warranties give a piece of mind imo. Even the smallest fix on Fords these days can be very expensive.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:03 AM
I just bought a 2009 F150 XLT with 45,000 miles. It's immaculate. I bet it was a lease return, it was completely stock. The truck was completely gone over by the dealer and had 'checked out' fantastic, but what does that really mean? Who knows if the truck was run with no air filter for 6 months in the desert? LOL

I got a Ford Premium CARE for an added 5 years/60,000 miles, $100 deductible, but I don't have the first day rental car (to save $100), but still get the remaining 10 days rental. Cost= $2,100 and rolled it into the loan.

Dunno what Flood Ford would have charged because they don't sell for cars over 36,000, but I saw the price from Lombard Ford at the same price I paid, since they have an online calculator.

My example I used to help make the decision:
If I use it once and get a $1,150 repair (about half the cost of the warranty, and a reasonable repair cost) less the $100 deductible, that's $1,050 right there. So I will "lose" the remaining $1,050...but I will have piece of mind for 5 years/60k that anything else would be covered.

That's pretty good in my book. The truth is, I hope I never use it. The inconvenience alone usually sucks.

Don't ask me about the no $100 for no first day rental car issue. I have no idea what or why I did that.

Last edited by GunnarzF150; 09-04-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Ford ESP?