2009 - 2014 F-150

AVS In-Channel vents

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVS In-Channel vents

Sorry if this is an "old" topic, but wanted to see if any of you have had issues with the in-channel vents on our trucks? I've always used them with no issues. However, installing them today was an exercise in frustration. The front door windows don't seem to like them. When closing the windows to ops check, the glass kept going back down automatically. I guess it's a safety feature (I haven't looked in the book). Anyway, just wanted thoughts, experiences, or insights. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

yep, mine does it too. It is a safety feature. According to the manual the only way to "defeat it", within five seconds of the window stopping after it goes down, pull up and hold the switch in the closed position until the window closes. In time it should get better as the gaskets "form". My passanger side window took a couple of months. It still does it from time to time. My drivers window still plagues me thou. The feature is to keep from hurting someones arm or digit if it gets caught as the window is closing.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, Scarlet! I'm borderline thinking of not using them now.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:19 AM
I didn't like the front ones on my '07. I ended up throwing them away and just using the rear window visors. The front is way too tight and I didn't like how much smaller the window looked.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I avoided the in channel ones because of many reports of issues with the auto up feature when using these. I just went with the stick on ones.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 AM
After a few days the window seals will spread and it will go up fine. I quit using these because I think they increase road noise by spreading the jamb...

Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I have them installed in my 2012 XLT Supercrew. They just need time to fully seat. You should try and keep the windows fully up for the first few days. Did you install the clips provided with the visors as per the instructions? Mine took a few weeks but the windows all work fine now. They all stay up without the auto reverse kicking in. I have not noticed any increase in wind/noise with them installed. I think they look better than the stick on ones. I'm very pleased with mine.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 PM
The detail shop that installed my AVS stick-ons also sold the AVS in-channel.

Before installation of the in-channel the shop manager wanted me to sign a release form that excluded them for being resposible in case the window motor burned up.

I opted for the stick-ons after that.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for all the inputs guys. I used the clips but it still kept going down automatically. I didn't mess with 'em today...too much yard work. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: AVS In-Channel vents