2009 - 2014 F-150

Sooooo.....New truck on order!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooooo.....New truck on order!

Went by the local dealer today, and put in my order for a new truck. What I got-

2013 Lariat 157" Supercrew
4x4 3.73 Elocker
5.0L V8
Black Exterior/Pale Adobe Interior
502A Pkg
Off road Pkg
Stowable Bed Extender
Tailgate Step
Chrome Step Bar

Plan on using xplan to buy, price without incentives is $45381. According to my salesman, there is a 90 day window on incentives. So, I will get at a minimum the current incentives, which for me amount to $4,250. Was told 8-12 weeks, as it is currently the holiday season and I live in Alaska. I do remain undecided on a couple of things, and I told him I would be by to finalize on Monday and put the deposit down. First, I was impressed with the ecoboost and I am seriously considering it. However, it amounts to a $2k plus option because I would lose the $1k incentive for the 5.0. Not sure if it is worth $2k to upgrade, and fuel savings would take years to see a return. The other thing I am split on is what color I want. I like the black, but I also like the jeans blue, ruby red, and kodiak brown. I have always bought off the lot, so I havent ever really had a choice on color before(I always prioritized options). At least I have a couple of days to think it over. Either way, needless to say I am very excited!

Old 11-18-2012, 12:03 AM
cool, just be careful with the incentive game. He's right about it. You can lock-in now or chance what they will be when you take delivery. I got burned by $1,000 by waiting. Locking in at $4250 is good. I'd definitely choose the $2k in savings with the 5.0L. I love my EB, but $2k is a lot of love for the bank account or mods also.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Isn't it really $3k less if you go with the 5.0L? $2k upcharge for the EB plus $1k incentive for the 5.0. Just saying.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Welcome to the forum.
For me, picking the 5L over the EB was a no brainer. 5L has plenty of giddy-up for me and does not come with the complexity and eventual high repair bills of the EB. But if you trade every couple of years, that wouldn't really matter then.

My 2c

Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by jlc41
Isn't it really $3k less if you go with the 5.0L? $2k upcharge for the EB plus $1k incentive for the 5.0. Just saying.
No, in Lariat trim the cost of the EB is only like $750 over the 5L. Then he gets the 1k incentive making it 2ish

Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I've seen you will recoup the $1k upcharge for the Ecoboost upon resale.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I ordered mine in April last year and it took about 9 weeks to get here. This is my second truck i ever ordered and got silver both times. Its real easy to keep clean and dont show wear too much. My dad had ordered his F450 from the same dealer and same salesperson the December before and we both got the same "deal" from him. I got the FX4 standard bed and FX Plus package. Sticker showed $43k (i believe thats close) and i ended up with $35,500 plus tax, tag, title, etc and wound up with a little over $40k out the door. He told me i would get the current encentives when the truck came in. If they were better then, which they weren't, then i would get the better deals. I didnt have to put a deposit down either. Is each dealer different? Some require it and some dont? I had a run around from the Nissan dealer when i bought my Frontier in 2000 and they lost a deal over it. Make sure you stay in as much control as possible. If that is even possible. There are a lot of good salesmen and dealers out there and then there are just as many bad ones. My hardest decison was leather or not. Color is a big decision too. Glad i had my mind made up on that. Good luck with it. And let the waiting begin.

Last edited by 67Shelby; 11-18-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by 67Shelby
He told me i would get the current encentives when the truck came in. If they were better then, which they weren't, then i would get the better deals. I didnt have to put a deposit down either. Is each dealer different? Some require it and some dont?
Deposit: Depends on the dealer. My dealer never asked for a deposit on any vehicle i ordered in the past.
Incentives: I get to choose which incentive i want at the time of delivery to me. Either the ones at the time of order or current ones, which may in some way be better or not. My pick, not my dealers.
That has always been my personal experience

Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a nice truck! The wait is killer!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't know how they are offering you guys "either/ or" on the incentives. From what I've read, you have to lock in at order or take current incentives at delivery per FMC?

I actually saved an old quote from when i took delivery because I was mad i lost out on incentives, "If you're in Canada then you get the lower of the incentives in place at the time of order or time of delivery.

If you're in the states then you get the incentives from Ford that are in effect when the vehicle is delivered. The dealer has no choice in this. If the dealer told you otherwise then the dealer is wrong."

Last edited by hydro1; 11-18-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
The ecoboost is a $1095 option now. It was $750 in 2011, but the price has gone up since then. It comes to about $960 using xplan. There is a $1k incentive for the 5.0, so it does amount to about a $2k difference. In terms of putting a deposit down, it doesnt bug me too much. I can understand the need to make sure every joe schmo doesnt walk in off the street and order vehicles without actual intent to purchase. Furthermore, the deposit is fully refundable so long as I dont order something ridiculous(for instance, a 2wd truck in Fairbanks, AK). Basically, its just a show of good faith. I also have not dealt with this dealer before, so they arent familiar with me on top of it. I think I will be going with the 5.0, still havent made a decision on the color yet though lol. In terms of the incentives, my salesman claims that being able to claim any incentives over a 90 day period is something that has come about in the last 2 years. So, depending upon when you ordered your truck hydro, you may have fallen under the old rules. I do know I have asked him point blank multiple times to ensure there was no confusion, and he has clearly stated that I have the option of picking the best incentives up to 90 days before delivery. So, if they wont honor that at delivery I will just take my business elsewhere. I dont think it is gonna be a problem though.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It depends on the dealer, but when I ordered my '11 they told me I could get the incentives that were available when I ordered the truck or the incentives when I took delivery which ever worked out better for me. It ended up being the incentives when I took delivery.

There is a $1k incentive for the 5.0, so it does amount to about a $2k difference.
In initial price yes but in resale/trade value the Ecoboost is worth $1300-$1400 more, which is more than the upcharge when purchased (not including rebates).

Old 11-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I would go with the 5.0 Even if I had to pay more I am Not a Ecoboost Fan at all.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
^ That's why they build it. I am 180 degrees opposite of you, I like forged internals and boosted motors.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM
So, I went by and finalized the order this afternoon. After much consideration, I am sticking with what I originally ordered in terms of powertrain and color. Now the excruciating waiting game begins.......

Quick Reply: Sooooo.....New truck on order!