2009 - 2014 F-150

remote start options

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive installed many compustar systems in fords, very straight forward install

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
anyone have a link that shows and or compairs the differant OEM systems? I've got an 09 FX4 SCrew with Keyless entry... I either want the key with the fob on it or a fob that replaces my keyless. Just don't want two fobs... I have heated seats and auto climate so i'd like to be able to turn them on? Also is there one that will roll up the windows and sunroof when locking the doors?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM
There's two kinds that Ford is offering. The Plug and Play system has only a 300' range with the key/fob. All you need for it is remote Keyless entry and the hood safety switch. The other kit is up to 1000' range (depending on the antenna) and also has two way capability. This requires an extra keyfob.

Any aftermarket kit will most likely require an extra keyfob.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM
If you are worried about fobs just pick up a pats key and stick your original key in a lock box. Thats what I did when I had an aftermarket autostart put in my fusion

Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by MrEvil
There's two kinds that Ford is offering. The Plug and Play system has only a 300' range with the key/fob. All you need for it is remote Keyless entry and the hood safety switch. The other kit is up to 1000' range (depending on the antenna) and also has two way capability. This requires an extra keyfob.

Any aftermarket kit will most likely require an extra keyfob.
I think you're totally backwards on your info, So far i've found 3 the 100, and the 2 way, and the 200. The 200 is the only one from what i've read gives you one keyfob but it's not plug n play from what I can see.

As far as the aftermarket any alarm with auto start will do keyless entry and only use one remote but I want an OEM system for warranty issues...

Originally Posted by Gerrard155
If you are worried about fobs just pick up a pats key and stick your original key in a lock box. Thats what I did when I had an aftermarket autostart put in my fusion
looking for OEM, and whats putting a pats key in gotta do with carrying two fobs that doesn't add a lock/unlock button to the auto start remote? I'm still carrying a key also ???

Last edited by User Error; 01-20-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 PM
New Sig Check..!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put a factory remote start/alarm combo in my '10 ONLY to save any warranty hassles in the first 3 years. The range is pathetic, but it works quite well from the house to the driveway. It's really not a plug and play system in the 9-10. It's still a mess of spliced wires, and connections, just like any aftermarket system.

Your warranty period is over. GET AN AFTERMARKET SYSTEM! After my warranty is over, I might just go out and get an aftermarket system with some range myself, and ditch the factory setup. Did I mention that the range is pathetic? Me and two co workers all pushed the button to our trucks at the same time, from our tool boxes. Our vehicles were parked within 30 feet of each other, and I'd estimate the parking lot to be 3300-400 ft away, but inside a concrete facility, with major overhead power lines. One of them has a 3000ft range, the other a 1500 ft range. Both theirs started, mine did not. I practically have to leave the building for mine to start......

Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
I put a factory remote start/alarm combo in my '10 ONLY to save any warranty hassles in the first 3 years. The range is pathetic, but it works quite well from the house to the driveway. It's really not a plug and play system in the 9-10. It's still a mess of spliced wires, and connections, just like any aftermarket system.

Your warranty period is over. GET AN AFTERMARKET SYSTEM! After my warranty is over, I might just go out and get an aftermarket system with some range myself, and ditch the factory setup. Did I mention that the range is pathetic? Me and two co workers all pushed the button to our trucks at the same time, from our tool boxes. Our vehicles were parked within 30 feet of each other, and I'd estimate the parking lot to be 3300-400 ft away, but inside a concrete facility, with major overhead power lines. One of them has a 3000ft range, the other a 1500 ft range. Both theirs started, mine did not. I practically have to leave the building for mine to start......
Extended till 100k or 6 year maybe 7 still well inside my warrenty... Which is one reason i'm looking at OEM...

Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Anyone have experience on the true effective range of the two way OEM Ford remote start? I have had the standard one way, and I have to agree the range sucks on those. They work about as far away as they advertise though. I am looking to add remote start to my '10 F150 and want to keep it simple and am considering the OEM 2 way remote.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by cobraman302
Anyone have experience on the true effective range of the two way OEM Ford remote start? I have had the standard one way, and I have to agree the range sucks on those. They work about as far away as they advertise though. I am looking to add remote start to my '10 F150 and want to keep it simple and am considering the OEM 2 way remote.
No real help on that one when it was clear I would have to carry one remote to start truck and one to unlock truck with the two way. That one went out of my possible list... and didn't do anymore research... but seems like it's the same system as the 100 or bronze it just adds an LED on the remote to tell you when it's cranked thats the only differance right?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by User Error
No real help on that one when it was clear I would have to carry one remote to start truck and one to unlock truck with the two way. That one went out of my possible list... and didn't do anymore research... but seems like it's the same system as the 100 or bronze it just adds an LED on the remote to tell you when it's cranked thats the only differance right?
My understanding is that the 2 way should have much better range, but going by some people's experience on here that doesnt seem to always be the case. Some people say the 2 way has great range, some don't. Another one of those internet mysteries. One ways should have a 200-300 ft range, and a 2 way system should have approx. 1000 ft. of range.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Search.......

In the following thread, see post #3 by SteveVFX4. He explains most everything that you need to know.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...rt-number.html

The Bi-directional does have longer range, but carrying 2 key fobs is dumb. In my opinion the al3z19g364a "gold" system is the best of the poor options available for the 09/10 trucks.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Anyone know anything about the EZKey? Watched a vid on youtube and tried to email the people who supposedly makes them but no reply......

Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Why not start your own thread with this question? Seems kinda odd to bury it in here..........

Old 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Why not start your own thread with this question? Seems kinda odd to bury it in here..........
Doubting he's going to like the info he finds either way. That button would put all the ignition wires right easy to hot wire the truck. I'll assume the reason he can't find one is they were sued so many times for people loosing their trucks and insurance not paying for it they are prolly out of business. It would put a pats key in the truck, and if you just pull the button out of the dash and cross the wires the truck would fire and bypass the keypad... either that or you'd need to pull out both either way it puts the wires right easy to get to and makes it to easy to steal.

Quick Reply: remote start options