Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So its safe to assume you don't know anything about it then? lol

Thanks anyway though....

Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Elusifer
So its safe to assume you don't know anything about it then? lol

Thanks anyway though....
How to help you buy that product? No not at all... Know enough about wiring to know how it works and how unsafe it is... Plenty... You're diasbleing the Entire Pats System, and the Fact you need an item in your possesion to start the truck... That alone would void any insurance coverage you have towards theft. Second you're bringing all of the wires needed to start the truck all to one place... I was actually wrong before when I said yo uneed to pull out both componets to hot wire it... You only need to pull the keypad out and connect the constant power wire to the output wire from the keypad... then press the start button... Vroom you're off with a nice new to you truck... The systems like this in Luxury cars retain a wireless keyfob that transmits to the CPU to let it know it's in the area so you have a fob in your pocket or a womans purse. Therefor you have a psyical object in your possesion to start the car. The theif would have to steal this item to get access... Or go thru a much longer process to hot wire inclding bypassing the pats system which is the fail safe. If you have that much issue with carrying a key just leave it in the ignition and lock the doors with the keypad on the door... it would be just as inviting to a theif...

Last edited by User Error; 01-23-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the info! I wasnt thinking much about theft i guess... just thought it would look cool.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Elusifer
Thanks for the info! I wasnt thinking much about theft i guess... just thought it would look cool.
Yeah agree'd the idea is kewl, woulda been great had they made it with a proximity key you could just leave in your pocket and it activates the button when it's within 6 foot of the brain unit... or something of that nature...

Quick Reply: remote start options