2009 - 2014 F-150

backup light options

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
backup light options

Looking for back uo trailer lights, picked these up at Tractor Supply. Cheap and throw a fair amount of light.
FYI - when hard wiring; the white/black stripe wire is the reverse(+)[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I use the Blazer light that plugs into the 7 way connector. $15 at TSC.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I have that one too, on my other truck. I just wanted the connector to be accessible w/o having to remove the light.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by L8 APEX
I use the Blazer light that plugs into the 7 way connector. $15 at TSC.
Any pics of it installed?
My stock reverse lights were replaced by leds, but even those are not that good.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Blazer

Originally Posted by Uin2it
Any pics of it installed?
My stock reverse lights were replaced by leds, but even those are not that good.
No pics, but you would be very happy with the Blazer. Plugs right in and has a Halogen bulb that throws alot of light.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I also have one I install in the 7-pin, picked up at farm and fleet. I don't normally leave it in, cause the first one was stolen. but when I know ill be camping, out and about with a trailer loading later on. ill put it in, and then toss back in truck when trailer is on.

I also upgraded to LEDS for backup lights. and they do help. but nothing like 50watt halogen.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by drswiger
Looking for back uo trailer lights, picked these up at Tractor Supply. Cheap and throw a fair amount of light.
FYI - when hard wiring; the white/black stripe wire is the reverse(+)[IMG][/IMG]
Went to TSC today and saw both these options...
Does the dual light setup require you to leave the receiver in at all times? Or can you move it and leave the lights?

The single 7pin connector light was twice the size I was hoping for and was 35wt vs the dual which was 70wt.

Debating on the two now.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
uhh???

Where do you put the safety chains when towing something?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Depends on the hitch size. My receiver has a reinforced bead around the edge and is too big for the lights to mount. Thus, mounts around the hitch
The safety holes are still available. Just don't show in this photo

Old 01-10-2013, 09:12 AM
a little off topic, sorry...

I'm new to the forum and joined because i'm having some trouble with my KC Aux Backup lights that I installed about a year ago. I hooked them up to my reverse lights using the relay that came with them. They worked fine for a little over a year, and then on New Years Eve a friend told me that my back up lights were on, although my truck was in park with the ignition off and the keys in my pocket. When I started my truck and put it in reverse, the lights would go off, but then back on when I put it in any other gear (P, N, D). I couldn't get them to turn off so I just unplugged the power. Now if I plug the same wire back in that I disconnected, they don't work at all... Any ideas? Maybe lost a ground? I don't know a whole lot about wiring so before I crawl under th truck (in the snow) I wanted to see if anyone could diagnose what might be wrong based on the series of events that took place.

Thanks!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Maybe

Originally Posted by osuallin
I'm new to the forum and joined because i'm having some trouble with my KC Aux Backup lights that I installed about a year ago. I hooked them up to my reverse lights using the relay that came with them. They worked fine for a little over a year, and then on New Years Eve a friend told me that my back up lights were on, although my truck was in park with the ignition off and the keys in my pocket. When I started my truck and put it in reverse, the lights would go off, but then back on when I put it in any other gear (P, N, D). I couldn't get them to turn off so I just unplugged the power. Now if I plug the same wire back in that I disconnected, they don't work at all... Any ideas? Maybe lost a ground? I don't know a whole lot about wiring so before I crawl under th truck (in the snow) I wanted to see if anyone could diagnose what might be wrong based on the series of events that took place.

Thanks!
We might be able to help. First I need to know where did you mount the relay?

Is it under the hood, or back near the backup lights?

If I had to guess right now from the above, I would say that the relay has road salt on it and that could be causing the problem

Quick Reply: backup light options