2009 - 2014 F-150

cat-back on 5.0 shift point effects?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cat-back on 5.0 shift point effects?????

For those of you that have installd cat back systems on the 5.0, does it have a negative effect on the shift points? I don't suppose anyone experienced better shift points ie: longer rpms b/w shifts. Previously, on my 06' Dakota, the cat back magnaflow system caused quicker shifts at lower rpms. I would like to install a roush system but, not if it negatively affect the shift points. I would like more rpms b/w shift points.

Thanks in advance for you input!

Lance

Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious if there was any technical reason for this to occurr. hmm.

If you are looking to improve the shifting dramatically and hold gears then check out a reputable tuner. I drove a 5.0 tuned by 5star the other day and it's a night and day difference between factory and tuned. This was only the 87 tune, I'm sure the 91 will be much stronger.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a cat back really shouldn't have any affect on shifting. The computer is what controls the shifting. It takes into account, current speed, throttle position and rpm. Putting a cat back on it not going to change those things. Like the above post, if you want to change shift points, get a tuner and you can change them. Or run it in tow mode. That hangs the gears longer, but uses more gas.

Quick Reply: cat-back on 5.0 shift point effects?????