2009 - 2014 F-150

2013 With Nav- update from ford.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 With Nav- update from ford.

So I received a couple letters in the mail Saturday.
I have a 2013 plat with nav, and eco

letter states first off, they are extending the warranty on the APIM, or auxillary power module. which integrates all of the 'radio' stuff together. USB, HVAC, ect ect, all of the individual systems route through or up to that device. on my 2009 plat that module went out, it caused slow to useless NAV, and also made changing radio stations almost impossible. I know of a few others who had this happen, no warranty .

so now on the 2013 they are providing a 5 year warranty on parts and labor if this module ever goes out. that's nice of them hopefully they cover earlier years as it seems odd many people are having this issue.

I also received notice I needed to get a map update and also install v3.5xxx of the MFT system.

ordered map update on sat, came yesterday via next day fedex..

update installed, new nav SD in, inside at work now. but ill see how it acts on the drive home.

** seems for the little things regarding operation, they either ignore , or rush stuff out. im guessing they don't want to loose customers over the potential down sides of the MFT system..

map updates were from V3 to V4
everyone have a great week.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
They really just need better quality control on their techno gadgets. I think Ford got in over their head initially and their qc is slowly catching up....

Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
They really just need better quality control on their techno gadgets. I think Ford got in over their head initially and their qc is slowly catching up....
I'd agree with that...my 2009 Plat 4x4 Synch/Nav was flawless, then when MFT came out it was always doing something weird. They definitely rushed MFT to market!! Lincoln mailed me a complete upgrade (via USB memory stick) for the MKX and it really "dumbed down" the system...new 2013 fine so far

Quick Reply: 2013 With Nav- update from ford.