2009 - 2014 F-150

tpms relearning drill on a 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
tpms relearning drill on a 2011

has anyone had any success in training the sensors to communicate with the tpms system?

i put some new after market wheels on my truck and got the tpms warning. i did the enter the system, let the air out of the tires drill a half dozen times with no luck. went to the dealer and they chuckled about that and says it doesnt work and went and got an electronic tool and in a couple minutes had it done in a couple minutes.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine are auto-learn.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The user manual instructions seem to be more work than desired.....never have had an issue with using the tool though....

Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done it on my '10 several times. Twice a year, every year.......... every spring and fall with the seasonal tire/wheel swap. It's a pain in the ****, but it works. I dunno why the dealer tells you it doesn't. Did you put OEM sensors in the aftermarket wheels?

Old 01-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
I've done it on my '10 several times. Twice a year, every year.......... every spring and fall with the seasonal tire/wheel swap. It's a pain in the ****, but it works. I dunno why the dealer tells you it doesn't. Did you put OEM sensors in the aftermarket wheels?
The sensors are after market. Would not learn with the let the air out drill but took two minutes with the tool at the dealer so that shows they are compatible

Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by projetmech
The sensors are after market. Would not learn with the let the air out drill but took two minutes with the tool at the dealer so that shows they are compatible
They may be compatible, but that does not mean they send the same signal for the relearn procedure. My guess is that the AM sensors are made to work with 09 up. The 09 requires the reset tool. That is the procedure for those sensors, even OE.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM

If they are the aftermarket universal oro tek sensors you must jack your truck up and disinflate your tires. Re-inflate your tires and the sensors will wake up, Run the tpms procedure with the tpms trigger tool and the sensors should link to your truck.

The universal sensors are mainly off and are turned on mainly by air pressure change. Hence why they'll alert you of a psi drop in your tires. Makes sense and worked for me.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by fine_style150
If they are the aftermarket universal oro tek sensors you must jack your truck up and disinflate your tires. Re-inflate your tires and the sensors will wake up, Run the tpms procedure with the tpms trigger tool and the sensors should link to your truck.

The universal sensors are mainly off and are turned on mainly by air pressure change. Hence why they'll alert you of a psi drop in your tires. Makes sense and worked for me.
your key point was the trigger tool. didnt have that. the dealer did. and with the tool it was easy.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 AM

woops, completely missed it. Sorry for the confusion

Quick Reply: tpms relearning drill on a 2011