2009 - 2014 F-150

Rate My Business Truck (1=POS, 5=Looks Great)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I need to disagree with everyone saying the flares are ugly...bieng that you plan on putting aftermarket wheels and biger tires on the truck, the flares will keep the fat tires underneath the truck rather than having a tire stick out past the flares, which also will help keep the truck cleaner. I dig the black and white contrast. Good looking truck in my opinion. Will look really good once you put some aftermarket wheels and tires on it! Other than that, only thing I would do is black out the chrome!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM
With all due respect, your truck does nothing to promote your business. You are not an auto customization shop, so all the accessories do nothing to promote the brand of your business. What your truck says to me is that the owner is more obsessed with how he looks than providing good product and workmanship. Having an XL truck with the money put into a good (business)graphics kit and work related accessories(such as a toolbox and bedrack) would say a lot more positive things about your business than this...

Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
No offense but you sound like jerk making a statement like that. Having a nice truck says nothing bad about his business. Personal experience in nice vehicles and small business. My dad always owned cleanly modded vehicles for his work. Why even take the time to post a comment like that.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by cheef
I like it, give it a 4. Fx4 rims and a chrome door handle, what model do you have? If it's an XLT chrome package what did you use on the rocker panels to make them black? Level the front end with the bigger tires and it will be a 5.
It was actually a plain white stx, the chrome on the handle is just a cover, the black is 3m Vinyl I installed. I wanted something that would protect the paint should I ever change the color scheme or go back to white.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
First, welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you over here too!

I already rated you on the "other" forum but I still think you made improvements. I was a little confused with the "racing" motif as well considering your product but I do go along with the sentiment that the big flares don't work very well without a lift and custom wheels/tires (which are coming). Maybe if you go with FX4 flares it would look cleaner and tie in better. I rate the business truck at least a 3.5 right now and give you a 5.0 rating for effort because I know you're still trying out different things and will probably keep evolving!
lol, thanks Desert Dawg. I came across this f150 site and thought I would ask a different sample of the truck population. To be honest, the guys on this site seem a lot more receptive towards the design than I found on the other site. The average score seems to be at least 1-1.5pts higher than what I was getting on the f150forum.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:04 AM
This is not what you want to hear but as a business owner I would put everything back to stock and leave the business lettering.

Stock headlights, stock tails, keep the stock wheels and just upgrade the tires when needed, stock flares, no stripes, etc.

The only thing I would add is a 2012 or 2013 OEM grille.

If you have a website I would add that on the tailgate.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by SUPERSIX
I guess I need to disagree with everyone saying the flares are ugly...bieng that you plan on putting aftermarket wheels and biger tires on the truck, the flares will keep the fat tires underneath the truck rather than having a tire stick out past the flares, which also will help keep the truck cleaner. I dig the black and white contrast. Good looking truck in my opinion. Will look really good once you put some aftermarket wheels and tires on it! Other than that, only thing I would do is black out the chrome!
chrome vinyl on mirrors will be coming off, I was just trying (unsuccessfully) to tie in the step bars that I'd rather not remove, I think I will actually wrap those as well to be all black.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
No offense but you sound like jerk making a statement like that. Having a nice truck says nothing bad about his business. Personal experience in nice vehicles and small business. My dad always owned cleanly modded vehicles for his work. Why even take the time to post a comment like that.
I am not going to get into a mudslinging contest with you. He asked for opinions, I provided mine. If this was his personal vehicle I would have absolutely 0 issue with it, but a professional vehicle is held to a different standard. This is something that provides a lifeline to his business and his personal life-I am not gonna just say "dude thats great" just to appease him. I am gonna speak my mind, because that is what I believe is best for his business. If you disagree, you are certainly entitled to your opinion-but do not belittle or attempt to suppress mine.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
With all due respect, your truck does nothing to promote your business. You are not an auto customization shop, so all the accessories do nothing to promote the brand of your business. What your truck says to me is that the owner is more obsessed with how he looks than providing good product and workmanship. Having an XL truck with the money put into a good (business)graphics kit and work related accessories(such as a toolbox and bedrack) would say a lot more positive things about your business than this...
I appreciate the feedback, I get it, its not for everyone. Having a guy in a little red truck doesn't say much about the work of SafeLite Auto Glass, but its memorable. The intention is to get attention and for people to remember the name and truck as I drive through the neighborhoods/jobsites I work on. I get ppl saying they always see me driving around town or at home depot, in my opinion, it wouldn't be as memorable with just a stock truck with nice lettering on it, I see too many of those.

In any case, I do appreciate the time you took to give me your thoughts.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by BlackIce
I appreciate the feedback, I get it, its not for everyone. Having a guy in a little red truck doesn't say much about the work of SafeLite Auto Glass, but its memorable. The intention is to get attention and for people to remember the name and truck as I drive through the neighborhoods/jobsites I work on. I get ppl saying they always see me driving around town or at home depot, in my opinion, it wouldn't be as memorable with just a stock truck with nice lettering on it, I see too many of those.

In any case, I do appreciate the time you took to give me your thoughts.
And I certainly appreciate the difficulties of running a small business. I am glad you took my comment for what it was intended as(constructive criticism) and not what it was made out to be(a personal attack). I absolutely understand the basic logic behind your decisions-no one was ever successful by copying other people, you have to work outside the box. I admire your tenacity in trying to differentiate your business, I am just not sure this is how I would have done it. I do, however, wish you and your business great success.

Hmmm, this post is kinda preachy, not sure how to end it. Play ball?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Ok, went shopping today. Think I am going to go with a standard leveling kit, the Nitto Terra Grapplers which measured around 34.5", and I looked at a bunch of wheels. I am leaning towards the black/machined look, but there are so many brands and selections. I have narrowed it down to these, anyone have any input about these brands or a favorite selection?

Name:  prod-image1.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  31.7 KB
Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  23.0 KB
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  23.3 KB
Name:  photo32.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  21.4 KB
Name:  photo22.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  21.1 KB
Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  23.7 KB

Old 03-07-2013, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by BlackIce
lol, thanks Desert Dawg. I came across this f150 site and thought I would ask a different sample of the truck population. To be honest, the guys on this site seem a lot more receptive towards the design than I found on the other site. The average score seems to be at least 1-1.5pts higher than what I was getting on the f150forum.
Well, I like how you take constructive input and keep trying different things. And I agree that the real intent is to make people look and hopefully recognize the truck and business. I know when I saw your post, I remembered because I saw your truck before and it stayed with me.

I think most folks here are trying to help (despite the side distractions with each other...lol). Also, people volunteer their opinions but sometimes the context doesn't come across right in written form on a forum like this versus talking directly to someone, but you seem to recognize that as well.

Keep up the good work!

And I think I like these out of the selection you had to go with your "racing" motif;

Views: 17
Size:  23.7 KB

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 03-07-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 AM
4.. I like the stripes and the paint or vinyl looks great! but need to fill up those flares, and take off those chrome mirror covers and vent visors!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Welcome to the forum man! I'm kinda bummed to see all these negative posts on your welcome thread, but to each his own! I really dig your truck man! I will have to say that those flares don't look great right now, but will look better with meatier tires and different rims. I dig the racing stripes too, it pulls em off well!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=Desert Dawg;4961980]Well, I like how you take constructive input and keep trying different things. And I agree that the real intent is to make people look and hopefully recognize the truck and business. I know when I saw your post, I remembered because I saw your truck before and it stayed with me.

I think most folks here are trying to help (despite the side distractions with each other...lol). Also, people volunteer their opinions but sometimes the context doesn't come across right in written form on a forum like this versus talking directly to someone, but you seem to recognize that as well.

Keep up the good work!

And I think I like these out of the selection you had to go with your "racing" motif;

Views: 19
Size:  23.7 KB[/QUOTE

These rims are one of the front runners for me as well, I like the way the machined lip looks on some of the trucks I've seen. I do have a question though, I have been trying to read into offsets and backspacing and am getting a headache. I want a wider looking stance to fill in the flares a bit better, will these rims push the tire out a bit more than the current stock rims? They're 1" wider but I wasnt sure how the offset and backspacing work in conjunction with that. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Rate My Business Truck (1=POS, 5=Looks Great)