2009 - 2014 F-150

Rate My Business Truck (1=POS, 5=Looks Great)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rate My Business Truck (1=POS, 5=Looks Great)

Hey all!

I'm new to the site and new to owning my first full size truck. I have long drooled at similar trucks as I have seen on here and decided to take a few elements I have seen on here and around town to set my business truck apart from the masses and make it memorable. My goal is to have a truck that people will say "look at that truck" rather than "look at that joker". I get a lot of attention in it and I am wondering if it is for the positive or the negative. It is still a work in progress and will be adding some new rims and bigger tires within the next few weeks which should help a lot. Any guidance or feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  97.0 KB
Name:  photo210.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  105.2 KB
Name:  photo38.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  112.5 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  82.3 KB

Old 03-06-2013, 04:02 AM

It has huge extended fender flares on small tires and no lift. Even with larger tires it will won't look quite right.
The smoking vents need to go. The stripes need to go. The lights I'm not sold on. The lettering is very good.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
I'm not usually a stripe fan, but I think it looks good with the black on white. I also really like the white on black print, on the tailgate - it stands out, and is easy to read. Nicely done. If it were mine, I wouldn't "pimp" it too much. Good luck.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's bada$$, but that's just my opinion. The truck that is, the tires are a different story. Need to fill up the fenders.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
x2 on the rims/tires. Like the stripes and blacked out tailights, it flows very nicely. Lettering also flows nicely.

Do not like the Chrome on the the mirrors and the running boards.

I give it a 4, but then again if I saw you drive past me I'd most likely say something along the lines of "Oh dude thats a sick truck."

When you get the rims and tires update the thread with pics.

D

Old 03-06-2013, 10:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
  • racing stripes have no business on a F-150.
  • racing stripes have nothing to do with the business that you're advertising. *Consider a hood and roof black-out applique. *.below
  • the chrome has no place on a white-and-black motif/scheme.
  • fender flares are out-of-place with the wheels.
  • should have opted for in-channel vent visors rather than stick-on.
Given that it's hard to look-at and difficult to dance-to, I'd give it a 1(one).

Last edited by gDMJoe; 03-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Looks good, very clean and simple.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I like it. With bigger wheels and tires I would give it a 5.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
I like it, give it a 4. Fx4 rims and a chrome door handle, what model do you have? If it's an XLT chrome package what did you use on the rocker panels to make them black? Level the front end with the bigger tires and it will be a 5.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 AM
4. I like everything except the fender flares are just plain ugly. Are there flares under them and are they white? That would look good because there is too much black on the truck and removing the fender flares would make the black white contrast look a lot better

Old 03-06-2013, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd loose the mirrors and flares. Remove the stripe and cover the hood and roof black the way gDMJoe mentioned. Vent visors I'd switch to the in-channel style and the tails and 3rd brake lights are too dark. Finally, new tire and wheel setup. Just my opinion of course, all that matters is what you like. As it sits, 3.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
The deal breaker for me is those gawd awful flares. The sole purpose for these things is to protect the truck when you have a 6+ inch lift, and a super wide stance from aftermarket wheels, and aggressive tires. On anything but a lifted truck these flares make me shake my head and think, "dumbass redneck". Either drop the 6 grand on a lift and wheel/tire package, or lose the $400 flares. If you like the side profile of the black wheel opening, get your vinyl guy to apply matching black over that area. The wide flare look is very...... Tijuana-like when someone is traveling behind you.

The racing stripes are too much of a Dodge thing for my liking, but they tie in well with the overall look you are going for. I like GDM's hood graphic idea better, but what you got is ok.

Those chrome mirror things are fugly. Toss em in the nearest black bin.

You also NEED to black out the wheel wells. Either buy some plastic liners, or a can of black undercoating and spray em black. I don't understand why Ford left them body color. It looks stupid, and is highly susceptible to rock damage and rusting if left alone.

My personal breakdown....

Start with a 5,
-1 for the chrome mirrors = 4
-1 for the ugly *** flares = 3
-.5 for the body color wheel tubs = 2.5
-.5 for factory tires = 2

With only a $10 investment in black undercoating, and deleting the ugly, you could easily have a a solid 4.5

It's a work truck after all. I'm not sure leveling it is a great idea for a work truck. If you were to go that route, I think the Rancho leveling shock system with the on-board air leveling system is worth looking into. I'm guessing you might use the truck as a truck from time to time, and driving nose high with a load in the back is not a pretty advertisement either.

Tires change the look fairly dramatically. I chose Nitto Trail Grapplers, and have been happy with the results.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Love it 5.5

Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
2. Not a fan of the flares, headlights, chrome.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 PM

First, welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you over here too!

I already rated you on the "other" forum but I still think you made improvements. I was a little confused with the "racing" motif as well considering your product but I do go along with the sentiment that the big flares don't work very well without a lift and custom wheels/tires (which are coming). Maybe if you go with FX4 flares it would look cleaner and tie in better. I rate the business truck at least a 3.5 right now and give you a 5.0 rating for effort because I know you're still trying out different things and will probably keep evolving!

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 03-06-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Rate My Business Truck (1=POS, 5=Looks Great)