2009 - 2014 F-150

Help me decide between XLT and FX4

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FijiJDM
Love this truck!!!! Very happy with the ecoboost engine. Got 22.5 mpg on the 200 mile drive home!
Nice truck...congrats and enjoy! I had a 2011 XLT version about 3 trucks ago and really liked it too. Even dressed up the interior by swapping out the flat plastic center console stack with one from the FX4 and looked great, so you'll have fun modding it your taste! I think I like your two-tone tan/black interior over the all grey interior I had.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 06-29-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe_STX
The only reason I got an XLT over the FX4 was the center console allows another small person to sit and I needed the room. Otherwise I would have gone with the FX4. You really can't go wrong either way.
The center console keeps someone from sitting in the middle as it's just a storage cabinet but keep with the column shifter. The bench seat option has a middle seat that converts to an armrest with storage in it, with more storage in the bottom seat cushion as well. I would not buy a truck without the bench. I had a 2008 Sport Trac that was midsize so it didn't offer a bench seat. That extra room for seating was very much missed.

Quick Reply: Help me decide between XLT and FX4