2009 - 2014 F-150

Squeak from driver's rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all...haven't been on here in a long time. Does anyone ever had a squeaking coming from the rear driver's side wheel well? Everytime I get out of my truck or put in reverse and the body moves, it squeaks. So, I hopped on the bed and moved my truck by sortof jumping up and down and it squeaks when it moves up and down...is this a shock or a spring issue? I have a 2012 EcoScrew with 25k miles on it.

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Is it wet out when it happens or is it all the time? Most likely nothing to worry about, but if you can get a friend to help you to pinpoint where the sound is you may be able to grease something to get it to go away for a while. The first place I'd check is go wiggle the tailgate back and forth, those can be pretty squeaky.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:23 PM
It's definitely coming from the wheel well. I can grab the side of my truck and move it back and fourth and hear it coming from the wheel well. I think I can also hear it sometimes on an offroad adventure on one of my jobsites or something when I'm going slow. It seems to be a shock or spring to me but can that really happen?? It's weird to me....

Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Can squeaking happen? Definitely yes, it's a common, annoying problem. Shocks squeak when they get worn, springs squeak when the bushings are worn, or the pads inbetween the leafs are worn, stuff squeaks when it's wet, etc. But you being able to just shake the truck back and forth is and make it squeak is what's making me think it's the tailgate. And since the sound would be at the bottom it'd be easy for it to travel to where the wheel well is, I had a problem kinda like yours where every time I'd shut the door hard or jump up in my truck I would hear a squeak from the rear end, it ended up being where the tailgate attaches to the bed on those little things at the bottom it rotates on (sorry completely drawing a blank on a better technical term), anyways greased it up and no squeak since, been going strong for months now.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM

Spray the leaf spring pack with silicone spray. My 01 squeeked all the time from there, silicone spray would help for a few weeks.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I just got my Truck back from the dealer. They replaced the leafs on both sides of my truck because you could hear a squeak then it turned into a "something is broken noise". They could not pinpoint the source or hear the noises until a mechanic rode with me and heard for himself. Here we are a week later and no more noises.

Posted from F150online.com App for Android

Old 04-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Koolaide2012
Quit eating so many tacos!

Quick Reply: Squeak from driver's rear