2009 - 2014 F-150

Backup camera problems with a 2012 F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backup camera problems with a 2012 F150

I have a 2012 F150 XLT with a factory backup camera installed. It's one with the camera in the tailgate emblem, the display in the mirror, the settings in the dash cluster and the controls on the steering wheel. Recently, the centre guide line came on in the display. I had previously left it shut it off in the settings. Now the settings will not save. I can scroll through, set the guidelines to how I prefer them, but as soon as I shift out of reverse none of the settings stay saved and it goes back to the centre line being on. I can disable all of the guidelines, but not manage the centre line anymore. I took it in to the local dealership where I purchased the truck and they say it is not supposed to save the setting.....
Well, why did it work just fine for several months before quitting working?!?! Why do they have factory settings for different options of how you might want it set up if they won't stay where you want them to be?!?! Ridiculous!!!!
I am not going to waste any more time arguing with a lady at a service counter that says "we will have to see what the smart guys at Ford have to say" and "your truck doesn't work that way".....
If anyone has some facts - not opinions - about this issue please respond.
Thank you,
Ken

Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Some members have had the camera replaced and that solved the problem.

Gotta love them 'stealerships'.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
exactly. It took a camera replacement to fix mine on my 11. Then the backup camera display in the rear view mirror went back and had to replace the mirror a few months later.

Quick Reply: Backup camera problems with a 2012 F150