2009 - 2014 F-150
View Poll Results: Please rate my new front end design.
1-Ugly
15.00%
2-Allright
20.00%
3-Nice
35.00%
4-Great
5.00%
5-Looks Great
15.00%
Headlight/grille blend looks good
35.00%
Headlight/grille blend looks bad
20.00%
Hood graphic looks good
45.00%
Hood graphic looks bad
15.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

New hood graphic, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackIce
I'm sorry, but that is exactly what I did not want and in my honest opinion are anything but clean. They are usually way to busy, hard to read at times, and costs at least 2x if not 3x what I put into this truck. Not to mention they have lost some of their effect on consumers because you see them everywhere. I see one on the road and I don't even read them anymore, its just another mobile billboard going by, and that's exactly what those look like, billboards.
I guess you don't want to accept the criticisms and just want to stay with your amateur looking truck. It just looks like you went on ebay and threw on some parts haphazardly. I look at the lights, the grille and massive flares and I think if this guy can't make the truck look right how is he going to remodel my bathroom? The parts here serve no purpose and the sign still needs work - before any work on hood graphics. No offense to you personally but that's the way it comes off as a company truck. If it was your own personal truck, no problem. But this is a business - one that involves design and looks.

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 04-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
I guess you don't want to accept the criticisms and just want to stay with your amateur looking truck. I'm going to be real with you. It looks like you went on ebay and threw on some parts haphazardly. I look at the lights, the grille and massive flares and I think this guy must be an idiot. They serve no purpose and the sign still needs work. No offense to you personally but that's the way it comes off.
Whoa, whoa! No offense to you but I guess you don't want to accept that you sound like a jerk (doesn't really mean much if you say that if you still make a personal attack). I've got no problems accepting the criticisms, the fact that you no longer see chrome accents, vent visors, racing stripes, etc is because I took peoples advice and accepted their criticisms so your argument couldnt be more un-supported. I did not criticize Rambo, just stated why I don't like the full wraps and why I didn't go that route, which was then further backed up by another individual with first hand knowledge of that industry. I don't like the full wraps, you don't like my design or my logo, big effin deal, no need for personal attacks though or to go off your rocker. Sorry, but that just the way it came across.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:57 PM
I guess you don't want to accept the criticisms and just want to stay with your amateur looking truck. I'm going to be real with you. It looks like you went on ebay and threw on some parts haphazardly. I look at the lights, the grille and massive flares and I think this guy must be an idiot. They serve no purpose and the sign still needs work. No offense to you personally but that's the way it comes off.

I guess you don't want to accept the criticisms and just want to stay with your amateur looking truck. It just looks like you went on ebay and threw on some parts haphazardly. I look at the lights, the grille and massive flares and I think if this guy can't make the truck look right how is he going to remodel my bathroom? The parts here serve no purpose and the sign still needs work - before any work on hood graphics. No offense to you personally but that's the way it comes off as a company truck. If it was your own personal truck, no problem. But this is a business - one that involves design and looks.
Interesting that you not only changed your wording all of a sudden but that you didn't quote me entirely, especially the part where I thanked Rambo for the time he spent to give me some feedback, good or bad.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Zander10893
I like what you did with the tailgate. The vinyl blends nicely with the tail lights. Reminds me of the Platinum tailgates. If you insist on putting a graphic on the hood at all, I would recommend doing something Raptor-inspired like the pictures below. I say just leave the hood alone though..looks much cleaner.

That was my first attempt at the front end, maybe its the hood shape/style, but it didn't look right and was a little black heavy when I put the flares on.

Name:  blackhood2.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  132.6 KB

Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks all for your feedback, good or bad, I appreciate it. I figured other f150 owners would be the toughest critics and im glad this round of changes passes with the majority of you. I'm gonna stick with the current hood decal and flow through on the headlights. Thanks again & see you on the road!

Quick Reply: New hood graphic, thoughts?