2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone's brake controller not working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I decided to take my Tacoma to pick up my toy hauler just to see if the brakes worked. Brakes worked just fine with the Prodigy controller in the Tacoma. I hooked the trailer up to the F150 and same thing. As soon as I manually slide the brake controller on I get the trailer disconnected pop up. The strange thing is as soon as I slide the lever a horizontal bar starts to light just before the trailer disconnected pop up appears. Almost like it wants to work, but then shorts out and quits trying. I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Did you get this figured out yet?

Old 05-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ford850
Did you get this figured out yet?
Actually I did. Just when I was about to give up and take both truck and trailer to Ford dealer. What I did was clean all connections even though the truck is brand new and trailer connection is fairly new and looked clean. I used an emery board to clean all contacts and a metal brush too. i went to Radio Shack and bought some DeoxIT. I sprayed the DeoxIT on all connections. I pried the trailer connection inward to make it fit tighter. After all that things slowly started working. All of a sudden the brake controller showed connected and the brakes started working. I am one happy man now.

Quick Reply: Anyone's brake controller not working?