2009 - 2014 F-150

Lambo Green Reptar is getting new paint again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some have missed the point on the matter of replicating the Raptor/KR. I seriously doubt Ford/SVT/KR would prosecute the individual who builds a replica Raptor for themselves but this is a dealership profiting off a Raptor/King Ranch names without permission. For example you can copy a CD or DVD for your private use but you can not SELL that copy.

Delaers of the originals should have the right to protect their creations and prevent dealerships from opening to make counterfeit Raptors and from profiting from their work. The emphasis being profiting. I’m surprised anyone would open a dealership to duplicate a well-known Raptor truc. currently in production without checking the legal status first.

It also causes confusion down the line even if an individual does it for himself. Eventually he will sell it. The original owner knows it is counterfeit, this info gets lost years down the line as the truck changes hands. I know we have seen several members on here who thought they were buying a FX4 but they were actually purchased a XLT with FX4 stickers.

The key to all of this and a dealership will be ‘permission’. Ford does not give dealers permission to make counterfeit Raptors. Everyone has dreams of buying and selling a type of Raptors and King Ranches, but where possible buy the original, but if you can not afford the original buy what you can afford, but do not support any business that is profiting by breaking any law.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:23 PM
More pics later!!!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
You already posted the link to Craigslist so we know what he is doing with it and he already said it was a business.

Also note this from the another F150 forum:

05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
mikegmang
Another Crazy Transformation to FX4

"Me an my buddy are deciding to open up a dealership an paint customizing shop. Decided our first ride will be my 2011 reptar. Lambo green looks really bright an only appeals to the right buyer. I've decided on changing the whole paint sceme an interior colors. Should start painting the frame braces tomorrow. Hopefully will start more trucks soon."

So this dealership will be selling the counterfeit Raptor. It will be the first ride. With more fake Raptors coming soon. lol. Probably more fake King Ranches. too.

That's my point whether people want to think it is harmful or not. He can change the lime green color all he wants but he needs to take off the badges if he wants to be legal and selling these as a business.

Again if this was a hobby, nobody cares, once he starts opening the dealership or selling on Cragislist then it becomes an issue. You already agreed on this. For example, Toyota came up with a King Ranch knock off for their 2014 Tundra but they don't call it King Ranch. It's 1791. That's the direction he should be going. Different names and not copies. I don't think "Reptar" will fly either specially with the Raptor and SVT logos all over the vehicle.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by mikegmang
This isnt a raptor nor do i take it offroad. I build trucks, sell them. Move on to the next truck.
Originally Posted by mikegmang
My business is .
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
You already posted the link to Craigslist so we know what he is doing with it and he already said it was a business.

Also note this from the another F150 forum:

05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
mikegmang
Another Crazy Transformation to FX4

"Me an my buddy are deciding to open up a dealership an paint customizing shop. Decided our first ride will be my 2011 reptar. Lambo green looks really bright an only appeals to the right buyer. I've decided on changing the whole paint sceme an interior colors. Should start painting the frame braces tomorrow. Hopefully will start more trucks soon."
I won't get into the Raptor or not a Raptor debate, but what you're doing is called curbstoning. You need a dealership and dealer license to sell trucks commercially - and a $25,000 bond and a lot and insurance. Without a license you can go to jail for curbstoning on Craigslist. If you keep selling before you open the dealership legally, don't put your name out on the internet. It can come back to haunt you, not to mention you may anger and unfairly compete against dealers who operate in Texas with more overhead and under the law.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep it childish bro.

Name:  ReptarTruckColor.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  63.3 KB
Name:  BarneyTruckColor.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  59.8 KB
Name:  BigBirdTruckColor.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  63.1 KB
Name:  CliffordTruckColor.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  63.3 KB

Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Photoshop strikes again.

Originally Posted by rednoved

Interesting. Identical background and identical angle in all 4 pics.

I'd like one in rainbow with a pineapple on top.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rednoved
Keep it childish bro.

More copyright infringement!

Old 06-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Mikegmang.. if you are in Texas you are required by law to have a dealer's license if you are buying and selling vehicles for a profit, even if you only do one a year. Some states will allow you to do one of two a year without being a dealer, but Texas isn't one of them.

If you are buying and not transferring the title to your name it becomes an even bigger deal.

If you are customizing other people's vehicles for them, then being a licensed dealer isn't a requirement.

Bluegreenf150 - if he is customizing for other people and using authorized parts, then the cloning isn't a legal issue at all. If he is doing it with unauthorized parts and/or with the purpose of selling it as a Raptor, then there is an issue.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by dosman
I'd like one in rainbow with a pineapple on top.
You're in luck. I happen to have one of those.

Name:  RainbowTruckColor.jpg
Views: 9160
Size:  53.8 KB

Old 06-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I have a dealer license, lot, bond an all the paperwork. Not worried about any issues on reselling. If any problems or issues come up I will start a new thread an send an invite to the main person posting about me selling trucks!!

Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Those pics are hilarious!! Should have done like a papa smurf blue one

Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Like this one?
Name:  PapaSmurfTruckColor.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  64.8 KB

Old 06-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Serious question... How did u do that so fast?. Ive seen some fast photshop but damn

Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
Mikegmang.. if you are in Texas you are required by law to have a dealer's license if you are buying and selling vehicles for a profit, even if you only do one a year. Some states will allow you to do one of two a year without being a dealer, but Texas isn't one of them.

If you are buying and not transferring the title to your name it becomes an even bigger deal.

If you are customizing other people's vehicles for them, then being a licensed dealer isn't a requirement.

Bluegreenf150 - if he is customizing for other people and using authorized parts, then the cloning isn't a legal issue at all. If he is doing it with unauthorized parts and/or with the purpose of selling it as a Raptor, then there is an issue.
He works for a Ford dealer. A Raptor conversion from a Ford dealer is tricky because even Ford dealers need special licenses to sell Raptors. If you build up the Raptor appearance and slap the OEM badges on I'm not sure you can hide behind a "Raptor conversion" disclaimer as there are many IP issues at work here, including trademark infringement issues. It is also a form of unfair competition against the real SVT dealers. Hennessy can do it because he is working with original Raptors and has agreements with Ford. On the other hand if you build fake King Ranches with aftermarket seats with counterfeit logos (as shown in the pics here) on fake KR seats, the logos are the legal trademark of the manufacturer/KR, as such it would be trademark infringement to include them on an aftermarket product.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I actually like the red and blue one... solid photoshopping

Quick Reply: Lambo Green Reptar is getting new paint again!