2009 - 2014 F-150

2013 F-150 King Ranch Review and other matters

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 F-150 King Ranch Review and other matters

Here is a review of the 2013 King Ranch F-150.

On the knock off situation, I like modding, making changes and whether it is bad work or not it is not even about that. When it comes to a business and important trademarks it is a different ballgame.

The bottom line is this, it is not sufficient for a business or dealer to state that it is not selling an authentic Raptor (or place Reptar in the ad title), that it is not selling a King Ranch (King “Raunch“) but continue to use Ford trademarks, OEM badges and counterfeit King Ranch logos without permission. The business is still trying to capitalize on Ford's property and profit illegally. It's still fake goods, and whether you admit to it being fake or not, it still cannot be produced and sold legally. Moreoever, when you say it is fake goods with fake logos, you are admitting to making fake goods and in light of the statement that you opening up a shop to do more, you are inviting the world to go after you.

In Ford vs. the Rangerstation, Ford writes:
"“I’m giving Ford free advertising, so why does Ford care?” Ford cares because it is important that Ford be able to exercise control over the quality of the product or service bearing Ford’s trademarks. If a disreputable business sells an inferior product or service that uses a Ford trademark, the poor quality of that product or service reflects on Ford. A person who is disappointed by that poor product or service will not take the time to determine whether Ford in fact authorized the use of its trademarks. They will, probably rightly, assume Ford to be the ultimate source of their disappointment and may transfer their loyalty to a competitor.”

“If a business not affiliated with Ford uses any Ford trademark, whether through the use of photographs, depictions or silhouettes, or any confusingly similar variation thereof, without Ford’s express, written consent, then that business is violating Federal and state trademarks laws. That business is also misleading the public into believing that such business is affiliated with Ford. It is also not sufficient for a business to state that it is not affiliated with Ford but continue to use Ford trademarks without permission. The business is still misappropriating the goodwill and reputation developed by Ford, and attempting to capitalize on or profit from Ford’s goodwill and reputation. Even with the best of intentions, unauthorized use of another company’s trademark is against the law and misleading to the general public.”

http://www.ridelust.com/ford-sues-fa...-infringement/

This little Ranger forum was fined $5,000.00 and sued for being involved in much less misconduct. Continue to do it and see what happens. Internet Brands who owns most of the major F-150 forums could also be sued for hosting the ads used to market the fake goods, fake King Ranch interiors, fake Raptors with OEM badges. On not knowing what is legal, ignorance of the law excuses no one. Finally, some individuals might appreciate a person who rips off Ford because the individual remains dumb and laughs at it like it is a joke, but I don’t and for anyone to condone this activity is troubling and sends the wrong message. If you want to be a dealer, do it lawfully.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
On the knock off situation, I like modding, making changes and whether it is bad work or not it is not even about that. When it comes to a business and important trademarks it is a different ballgame.

The bottom line is this, it is not sufficient for a business or dealer to state that it is not selling an authentic Raptor (or place Reptar in the ad title), that it is not selling a King Ranch (King “Raunch“) but continue to use Ford trademarks, OEM badges and counterfeit King Ranch logos without permission. The business is still trying to capitalize on Ford's property and profit illegally. It's still fake goods, and whether you admit to it being fake or not, it still cannot be produced and sold legally. Moreoever, when you say it is fake goods with fake logos, you are admitting to making fake goods and in light of the statement that you opening up a shop to do more, you are inviting the world to go after you.

In Ford vs. the Rangerstation, Ford writes:
"“I’m giving Ford free advertising, so why does Ford care?” Ford cares because it is important that Ford be able to exercise control over the quality of the product or service bearing Ford’s trademarks. If a disreputable business sells an inferior product or service that uses a Ford trademark, the poor quality of that product or service reflects on Ford. A person who is disappointed by that poor product or service will not take the time to determine whether Ford in fact authorized the use of its trademarks. They will, probably rightly, assume Ford to be the ultimate source of their disappointment and may transfer their loyalty to a competitor.”

“If a business not affiliated with Ford uses any Ford trademark, whether through the use of photographs, depictions or silhouettes, or any confusingly similar variation thereof, without Ford’s express, written consent, then that business is violating Federal and state trademarks laws. That business is also misleading the public into believing that such business is affiliated with Ford. It is also not sufficient for a business to state that it is not affiliated with Ford but continue to use Ford trademarks without permission. The business is still misappropriating the goodwill and reputation developed by Ford, and attempting to capitalize on or profit from Ford’s goodwill and reputation. Even with the best of intentions, unauthorized use of another company’s trademark is against the law and misleading to the general public.”

http://www.ridelust.com/ford-sues-fa...-infringement/

This little Ranger forum was fined $5,000.00 and sued for being involved in much less misconduct. Continue to do it and see what happens. Internet Brands who owns most of the major F-150 forums could also be sued for hosting the ads used to market the fake goods, fake King Ranch interiors, fake Raptors with OEM badges. On not knowing what is legal, ignorance of the law excuses no one. Finally, some individuals might appreciate a person who rips off Ford because the individual remains dumb and laughs at it like it is a joke, but I don’t and for anyone to condone this activity is troubling and sends the wrong message. If you want to be a dealer, do it lawfully.
Well said. I will also add that even if the fake Raptor or King Ranch sells to the buyer who knows it is fake, the wrongdoing and liability doesn't end there. If the buyer shows it off to a friend or someone off the street sees it and he believes this is what a real King Ranch or Raptor is and doesn't like it, he won't take the time to find out if it is real, then this can hurt Ford and Ford's reputation. Next time he'll go to the Ram dealership and say how dissapointing those King Ranches or Raptors are and buy a Ram or whatever. All because someone wanted to rip off someone else's designs and property and do a hack job on it.

In addition, if the buyer wants to resell it later on, he is exposed again during the sale of the counterfeit and he himself can be held liable. It is best to avoid using any kind of trademarks whether you are building up a website or forum or a truck. Make it your own.

Back to the 2013 King Ranch I agree that it is the finest truck on the road today. The Rams and the new GM's still cannot beat it after all these years.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
That guy needs a steady hand. I get a headache just watching this

Old 06-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well motorweek has certainly gone down hill...

Last edited by rednutbow; 06-06-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 PM
For the love of oatmeal I find it absolutely hilarious you are that worried about what another member did to 2 of his trucks.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lorne
For the love of oatmeal I find it absolutely hilarious you are that worried about what another member did to 2 of his trucks.
You are missing the point. What's so hilarious about a dealer or wannabe dealer stealing trademarks, ripping people off and selling fakes and opening up a shop to make more? It is not just two. If it was only a member doing it to his own truck nobody would give a damn.

Like Stealth alluded to before it is illegal to sell fakes and in order to comply with the law the forum and IB shouldn't allow these things to be advertised on its site. Banning dealers from doing this crap on here would protect buyers from getting counterfeit goods, and help protect people from copyright or trademark infringement.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 PM
give me the tldr. Too much blabbing for me to read.

Quick Reply: 2013 F-150 King Ranch Review and other matters