2009 - 2014 F-150

Add Sony sub to non-Sony system???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add Sony sub to non-Sony system???

I recently purchased a 2011 FX-4 SuperCrew and it does not have the Sony premium sound. A friend gave me his Sony sub when he was upgrading. My question is - can I install this sub easily in my truck?
The factory harness does not appear to be present. I can't tell if the head unit wiring includes the needed connections or if the head unit is different in the Sony premium packages (and includes the connections). If I'm going to be adding a new amp and speakers anyway, should I just get a 5 channel amp and power the sub that way and skip the stock amp? I'd scrap the whole thing but I like the small sub box and its proper fit under one seat...and the price was right!
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:20 PM
It won't be plug and play. The head units are different and there are a couple of amps. One I think is with the sub and the other is under the center console. I would do what you suggested, put a amp and maybe crossover in and wire it to the sub. Also add some polyfil to the sub in addition to the small denim mat that is in there.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
This isn't going to be very easy. I haven't seen anyone add it without some in depth work where you're at the point of you should of just done a traditional set-up.

If you're interested in something with an easy installation than check this out. Plugs right into OEM wiring.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/200...uper-Crew.html

Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 AM
The kicker system looks good, but out of my price range.
I found a pin assignment online for the Sony amp. Shouldn't it be as easy as wiring any other amp? I can run new power, ground and remote and can I run the inputs from one of the back speakers at the head unit? I don't mind splicing and soldering....if that's right!

Quick Reply: Add Sony sub to non-Sony system???