2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 F150 power seat, mirrors, pedal FIX

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 power seat, mirrors, pedal FIX

Hey guys,

My truck is a 2009 Lariat with power heated/cooled seats and I've been racking my brain trying to figure this out. I lost power to the drivers seat, outside mirrors and adjustable pedals about six months ago. The heating/cooling still worked and the passenger power seat still worked fine. I kept popping fuse #12 (7.5amp) and could not figure out why. After checking for the elusive "orange wire/light green strip splice".....which, I believe, does not exist on this year of F150 I think I may have found a fix.

It seems to be as simple as making sure the wires underneath the drivers seat are not making contact with the underside of the seat. After going through a half-dozen fuses trying to figure this out I got back under the seat with a flashlight and stuck my hand between every set of wires under there and lightly pushed them towards the floor. Now, I'm not sure which set of wires was causing the problem but after getting in and out of the seat a few times and moving it around it seems to have solved the problem. When I have more time I'll get back under there and check for any frayed wires and repair them.....and also vacuum out all the junk I couldn't reach before the repair.

I hope this helps some of you who have had this annoying problem also!

......Rick

Old 06-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE.....

Found some time to check the wires under the drivers seat. I found three wires with their sheathing worn under the screw-drive (small soda can looking thing) closest to the seat-adjustment panel. They were rubbing on the drive while the truck was in motion and NOT from moving the seat. I fixed up the wires and attached a 1in x 2in piece of plastic, between the wires and the drive,with electrical tape to keep the wires from rubbing again. Best way to get at them is to 1) move the wires away from the drive with your hand 2) Replace fuse #12 (7.5amp) 3) raise the seat as high as it will go 4) Remove the control panel on the side of the seat (pry cautiously from the bottom and lift up) and detach the connections 5) Repair wires by working under the front and back of the underside of the seat while looking through the control panel opening and using a small flashlight.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 power seat, mirrors, pedal FIX