2009 - 2014 F-150

Warranty Work Completed - New back glass and speaker harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty Work Completed - New back glass and speaker harnesses

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you all know that my 2011 Scab Lariat got some warranty work done recently.

I had a problem back in March where my Rear Defrost light wasn't coming on, but since I rarely use it, it was April before I got the truck into the dealer to take a look.

On the first visit, they said the light in the HVAC command module (that whole piece of the dash that has the a/c and heated/cooled seats buttons on it) had burned out.

Second visit, a couple weeks later, and the HVAC CM was replaced. Light still didn't come on. Tech looked it up on his system and the next step was to replace the back glass because of a bad window position switch ... WTH? Is the WPS really soldered into the glass and can't be replaced?

Also, while driving to the dealer, the driver's door speaker kept cutting in and out, so I told the service writer, and the tech saw the TSB, so he just ordered new harnesses.

So, a month later, I finally got around to taking her back in. They replaced the back glass, BOTH front door speaker harnesses, and gave me a rental for a couple days (2012 Impala - UGH). No scratches on the paint, but a little glue residue which I have to clean off.

Just thought I'd share my experiences. Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg, MD did the work, and I thought that other than a couple of communications issues (their new phone system, I think), I had a good experience.

-John

Quick Reply: Warranty Work Completed - New back glass and speaker harnesses