2009 - 2014 F-150

Trailer plug fuses......??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trailer plug fuses......??

Rented a trailer this morning and the lights on the trailer worked fine, then qiut working. The rental guy said no power is coming from the truck plug,,,,,HUH?
They worked a minute ago........Went to the owners manual and found nothing to work with. I remember my F350 had a separate fuse box for the trailer plug. I believe he shorted something out when he was playing around with the plug, it always seems to be a problem with rental places, they always seem to want to work on the stuff you are renting when you get there,,,,,
Any suggestions?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just dealt with this yesterday with my boat trailer. Mine truck is an 05 with the trailer tow package so not sure if it is the same. There should be a mini fuse for a left turn and right turn trailer and another mini fuse for trailer park lights all located in the main fuse box. This is the second time in as many years that I've had to replace the park light fuse so I put in a little bigger one to see if that does the trick.

Owner's manual is a little vague so you might have to just check some that might fit the bill.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dog'em
This is the second time in as many years that I've had to replace the park light fuse so I put in a little bigger one to see if that does the trick.
be careful putting in higher rated fuses... a short in a trailer wire could overheat the truck wiring and cause major problems.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:30 PM
It is a 2011 with the trailer tow pkg. Everything is dead at both the 7-pin and the 4-pin plugs. I checked every fuse in the box and all look good...

Old 06-25-2013, 05:33 PM
Yea I hear ya, I just went up one size of fuse so things shouldn't ever get hot. I think I have a wire in my trailer that may ground out when wet, we had the trailer in the water for some time due to high winds while loading the boat. I think from now on I will just unplug the trailer before putting in the water, usually do but got lazy.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
It is a 2011 with the trailer tow pkg. Everything is dead at both the 7-pin and the 4-pin plugs. I checked every fuse in the box and all look good...
There is also a relay in the box under the hood that supplies power to your rear plug.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Found it on another forum............fuse #73.........done.

Quick Reply: Trailer plug fuses......??