2009 - 2014 F-150

Paint Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Warranty

I have been thinking about getting a Rhino liner spray (Red) to protect the
truck bed. Since they have to "strip" down the truck bed and sides to spray in the liner to get a good adhesion doesn't this VOID our paint Warranty? Ideas or thoughts appreciated.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
I'm going to take a WAG, and say no. The reason being is that you can ask a Ford dealer to do it when you buy the truck and it still won't void the warranty. In fact, they will more than likely send it to the same place you are and jack up the price a little ways.

The paint warranty is pretty clear and precise anyhow.

Unless the joint you bring it to, does a poor job on handling the stripping solvents, then you should be ok. If they destroy the paint on any other part of the truck, then it's their fault and you can sue them or order them to have the truck repainted. And this for sure wouldn't be covered under the manufacturers paint warranty.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 PM

Yeah, I think you'd be just fine. Nearly every dealer has spray-ins available and you can also get one straight from the factory. I've seen a truck with 16 miles get a spray-in, along with others that low. No way in hell it could void your paint warranty unless something horribly unexpected happened during the application process. It's not like the solvents are being poured all over the place, they're usually applied slowly with a rag or other application apparatus haha

Old 07-28-2013, 03:18 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
I'd recommend LineX over Rhino.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:01 AM
your paint warranty will be voided where it was prepped & sprayed. The rest of your truck's paint (doors, roof, hood, etc.) will still be covered. So if you develop body rotor bubbling anywhere inside the bed it will be void.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by glc
May I ask why? They both use rubber and the same catalyst to cure it right?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:28 PM

LineX is applied with high pressure and Rhino is low pressure. There are a lot of differences that I couldn't tell you. They are quite different though. You can PM "truckgasm" if you'd like, he can reel off info like nobody's business, though he works for LineX. A good friend owns a high pressure liner business (a formula he invented with a chemist) and they, like everyone else who does high pressure, don't like low pressure liners.

But in the end, how thorough and how well the prep work is done is more important than the material being used. That's my take at least, because it's the same principle as a paint job. Millions of people have Rhino on their trucks and are happy with it

Old 07-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by glc
X2

I had my last truck bed sprayed by Line-X. Over the course of 5 years, zero maintenance, and the hot FL sun baking it every day the only problem I had was that it started fading a little bit. Which brightened back up like the day it was sprayed with the UV conditioner that Line-x recommended. A few guys I work with have had Rhino lining and they just start to deteriorate: fading, chalking, cracking etc.

Of course it all boils down to how well they are maintained from the start and what you use your bed for. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Paint Warranty